Does cumanda make the herx reaction MORE intense ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ANNXYZ, Apr 16, 2006.

1. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

For those being treated for lyme with cumanda and samento , I would appreciate your feedback . I am on samento and ABX ( low dose ) and have a strong herx reaction . I am thinking of adding cumanda . Does it actually kill the lyme bacteria , and does it add to
    the intensity of the herx reaction?

Thanks !
  2. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

3. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Hi annxyz,
    Sorry to hear you are going through such a bad herx! I can fully empathize with you!

When did you start the ABX, what is it, dosage? Same for Samento?

I started the opposite way. First Cumanda, building up to 20 drops, 2x/day. Then added in the ABX, Azithromycin 500 mg., 1x/day, somewhere before getting to the full Cumanda dose. (This was because I was wrangling with my insurance co. to get the ABX, not due to a protocol issue.)

Once I was on the ABX for a full two months, had a herx from he**, I won't go into the gory details, use your imagination!

My Dr. told me to take a break for 3 days, I waited 4. Then, when I started back on, she instructed me to start the Burbur, and pulse the treatment, 3 weeks on, 1 week off.

This is helping. The day after I started the Burbur I felt better, more cheerful, less misery. Taking a break from the ABX helps to moderate the die-off, lessening the herx symptoms.

OK, then I started the Samento. From my understanding it's the Samento that can cause herxing, not the Cumanda. Some people are so sensitive to the Samento that 1 drop causes a herx. (However, the article I printed below says Cumanda kills lyme and candida, so maybe it does cause herxing.)

In that case, it is best to take 1 drop of Samento, put it into a cup of water, and drink only 1/4 of the cup of water. This is the starting point from which to build up taking it. So far, I'm only up to 3 drops/day with the Samento, but have not experienced a herx from it.

What has your doctor said to you about moderating the herx, or pulsing the meds? A strong herxheimer is not something we want to put ourselves through, nor is it necessary for the meds to be effective. It is better overall, if possible, to go easier on our bodies.

How about detoxing? Are you drinking lots of water, doing any detox baths?

Wishing you a better day,
    Hopeful4

[This Message was Edited on 04/16/2006]
  4. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

What is CUMANDA?
    I found this at bionatux dot com

Cumanda is an herbal extract made from the bark of the Campsiandra angustifolia tree found in the Amazon basin. It has been used by indigenous groups in that region for hundreds of years.

Known medicinal properties include:
    • ANTIBACTERIAL
    • ANTIFUNGAL
    • ANTIVIRAL
    • ANTIPARASITIC
    • ANTI-INFLAMMATORY
    • ANALGESIC
    • IMMUNE SYSTEM MODULATOR

Cumanda is very effective in treating the Borrelia burgdorferi bacteria, and practitioners are now using it in conjunction with Samento to treat Lyme Borrelisosis. Lyme Borreliosis has been linked to hundreds of medical conditions; many researchers and physicians believe that Lyme Borreliosis may be a factor in most chronic conditions.

One of the most impressive benefits of Cumanda is its antifungal action. Physicians report that it is effective in treating many difficult to treat fungi including Mycosis fungoides, Candida krusei, Candida albicans and Aspergillus niger, to name a few.

In May 2005, pharmacological studies were conducted in laboratory rodents at the University of Guayaquil in Ecuador . In an anti-inflammatory effect study the Nutramedix Cumanda inhibited inflammation by 97%. It was compared with Pfizer’s best selling and very toxic anti-inflammatory drug, Feldene (PIROXICAM), which inhibited inflammation by 98%.

In another pharmacological study conducted in laboratory rodents at the University of Guayaquil in Ecuador . Nutramedix Cumanda was determined to be 86% as effective as aspirin as an analgesic.

There are no known contraindications, no known side effects and no known interactions with other drugs when using Campsiandra angustifolia products like Cumanda. In May 2005, toxicology studies were conducted on Nutramedix Cumanda at the University of Guayaquil, Ecuador. No toxic effects were reported even when laboratory rodents received 240,000 times the equivalent human dose.

Nutramedix, the U.S. manufacturer of Cumanda, utilizes a proprietary extraction and enhancement process that provides many benefits, including:
    • Efficient full spectrum extract
    • Clinically appears to cross the blood / brain barrier within 2 min.
    • Water / Alcohol extract that does not damage protein
    • Easy to use for all ages
    • Cost effective

5. vp

vp New Member

Does anyone else have a hard time taking Cumanda? I can't get past 7 drops sublingually. I'm supposed to be at 20 2x/day and I can't do it. The nausia is too bad. No matter how long I wait to eat (recommended 30 min) the first thing I put in my mouth, comes back up 15 min later. I've waited up to 4 hours with no luck. I get hot, sweaty, flushed, run to the bathroom, and 5 min later feel fine until the next time.

I talked to the doc and now I take one of the doses at night insted of the afternoon, and that seems to work, still nausius, but not too bad, since I sleep through most of it, but the morning dose still gets me. Not the way to lose weight! LOL
  6. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

I am on 100 mg doxy , and about 13 drops ( divided dose ) of samento , along with burbur twice a day . This may not sound like much , and usually I tolerate it , but at other times I will have two week periods of hell , just overwhelmed with chills , aches , and flu feeling .

I know some docs recintense ABX therapy with high doses , but it would have me constantly bed bound and crying , along with yeast infections .

I can tell the low dose doxy and samento combo are killing the lyme , as the herx is strong even at a low dose .

This seems to be the best choice for me now . I plan to add cumanda , and wonder if it really kills the lyme .
    Actually , the literature implies it does , but does not
    explicitly state that it does . That is why I was asking for feeedback about the cumanda and how it affects lyme
    people .
  7. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

8. pawprints

pawprints New Member

I will be starting it again soon.

It does or can cause a Herx just like Samento and although I can't find any published studies, my doctor says it does treat Lyme. I will have to trust that he has seen it work.

I also understand that Burbur is good for the herx reaction.