Does Fibro Ever Cause Muscle Swelling?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MsE, Jan 6, 2010.

1. MsE

MsE New Member

I have CFIDS. I am also experiencing very sore muscles and swelling in my upper left arm.
    I didn't hurt it. Will fibro or CFIDS cause swelling as well as pain?
  2. hensue

hensue New Member

I would run not walk to a dr or emergency room. Now mine was not sore at the time. I just kept swelling in my arm but it was all the way down to my hand.
    Finally I called my Doc while I was at work and told the nurse how odd. My arm kept swelling,
    my Doc ask which one I said left.
    He wanted to know if I could come in right then. It was early in morning and I said yes.
    Got there my blood pressure was out of sight. Almost had a stroke and did not know it.
    I had high blood pressure. I had to stay there almost 2 hours while they gave me meds. Then go home and was checked everyday to see if it was working.

I had no idea that the swelling in my arm could be a sign of heart attack or stroke.
    You know fibro everything is screwy in your body.
    At least go and get your blood pressure checked. It was a wake up call for me.

Then again you could have just moved your arm wrong and did hurt it. Not realized at the time.
    I use to think everything was caused by fibro. Not anymore after that incident.
  3. MsE

MsE New Member

Movement in my arm is restricted, but blood pressure is normal and so is pulse. It feels as though I hurt the darned thing, but I can't remember doing so. That's why I was wondering if fibro or cfs can cause this kind of thing. Thanks for your concern. You were kind to write.
  4. MsE

MsE New Member

This post didn't get much response, so I guess this sore arm and bit of swelling isn't a CFS thing. I think I must have strained it, but I don't remember doing anything that would cause it. I checked blood pressure, etc., right away, and all is okay in that department, so...???
    Thanks again for responding. MsE
  5. hensue

hensue New Member

I have broken ribs and torn muscles not realizing what I had done. Then later on go to doc in severe pain and he lets me know. With fibro cfs whatever we have such weird symptoms use to think everything was fibro.

Glad your blood pressure is good. Is it only in upper arm?

Your Welcome I am just glad you are ok
  6. MsE

MsE New Member

Just one bit of swelling halfway between elbow and shoulder. But I have difficulty in using that arm. For instance, fastening a bra in back is a joke. Gotta slide it around to the front. Fortunately, I don't have anything with a back zipper to deal with!

You are right: it is my habit to put everything down to CFIDS these days and ignore stuff. But usually, when I DO go to the doctor about something, HE puts it down to CFIDS too, so I feel like I wasted my time and his. Tests always turn up negative. Guess I should be glad, but the result is I've sort of sworn off doctors unless I'm in severe pain or bleeding.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/07/2010]