does fibro have a colored ribbon?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mamazbutterflyz, May 3, 2003.

1. mamazbutterflyz

mamazbutterflyz New Member

Hi all, I am making a web site of my new business and I need to know if Fibro has a certain color of ribbon? I looked everywhere, I seen something about purple but not sure if it is true or not, please help!
  2. klutzo

klutzo New Member

It was sent to me by by the NFSA in Washington state for a May 12th celebration a few yrs. ago. It was given to me because I was a support group leader.
    The pin is of a ribbon, with half the ribbon in red and the other half in pink.
    I wondered why they chose this, since red is a symbol for AIDS and pink is for breast cancer, but I think it may have been a cost factor, since the factories were probably already geared up to produce red and pink ribbons.
    Klutzo
    [This Message was Edited on 05/03/2003]
  3. fibrorebel

fibrorebel New Member

Most of what I have found is that our colored ribbon is supposed to be purple and gold. That is as I said, just what I have found. BTW there is another post not far ahead re: the color of ribbon, might want to check it out. Good luck in your quest! love, Rebel.
  4. klutzo

klutzo New Member

So, I guess my pin is outdated and I had better chuck it since it will just be confusing if I wear it!
    Klutzo
  5. blondieangel

blondieangel New Member

It's lavender...you can buy a pin at fibrohugs...or the FM Aware page (National Fibromyalgia Association!)sells t-shirts buttons, etc...
    Love,
    ~B~

6. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

The first pin was red and pink; for multiple problems - red for pain, pink for women. The fibromyalgia pin is dark purple with gold trim to represent all genders and ages.