Does Flax Seed Oil Help?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hopelessmc, May 3, 2006.

1. hopelessmc

hopelessmc New Member

Several people have recommended that I try flax seed oil, but I never got a clear answer as to what it does and what should I expect. Has anyone else found it helpful or harmful?

Thanks for everyone's support - I've only been on this site for a week now and I've gotten alot of info, but most of all it has really helped me emotionally to have people who understand and want to help. Knowledge is power!

God Bless - Hope
  2. jarjar

jarjar New Member

I do knnow its a good source for Omega 3 and omega 6 essentail oils. Our bodies do need these oils even more so when ill.

jar
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

flax seed oil and fish oil for the last couple months. Recommended here by some posters. No results so far.
  4. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

Flax seed oil has several Omega 3's which are better absorbed than in fish oil.

I take a mixture of fish oil and flax seed oil.

My total cholesterol, and good and bad cholesterold were all in good rations and numbers for over two years with it.

Then, I had to have a series of medical prcedures which required me to omit the flax seed and fish oil. They can effect blood clotting, and that is part of their good effect.

IN ONE MONTH, MY LDL OR BAD CHOLESTEROL SHOT UP FIFTY POINTS.

My internist saw this and said, WHOAAA, get back on both oils.

After two weeks back on both, my LDL had receeded 30 points.

I take a combination, in order to better absorb the ones in the flax seed.

I have, however, developed this horrible smell, which just wounded respond to anything. I mentioned it to the doc, and he said you're on fish oil, huh? I said,yes.

He said I was something like the 50th patient who had mentioned it and he had them go on the lower amount of fish oil and add the flax, and the smell has somewhat diminished.