Does Flexeril make you tired or just relax muscles?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by intensemom, May 2, 2006.

1. intensemom

intensemom New Member

Just wondering because I'm in a flare with muscles just all tense and knotted.

Thanks,
    Tracy
  2. richa3csi

richa3csi New Member

Hi..I take 10 mg at bedtime and it makes me a little tired ya ..I dont think i would take it in the middle of the day or anything.
  3. tinypillar

tinypillar New Member

It sometimes makes me tired, but it doesn't knock me out. I have also been taking it every night for several months, and the sleepiness effect was stronger when I first started taking it.

On especially bad days I have taken it during the day, and it made me feel pretty tired.
  4. kmoss55

kmoss55 New Member

I take one in the morning and one at night, 10mg. It did make me tired at first but now it doesn't. It has help me.

The other day the muscles in my shoulder knotted up so bad, it looked the size of a quarter. My dr. gave me a shot of cordzone( very bad at spelling )in the knot. Hope it feels better tomorrow.

kathy
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I only take it PRN because it can cause rapid and significant weight gain. If I take it, I go to sleep and wake up groggy.

Love, Mikie
  6. tandy

tandy New Member

knocks me out and makes me feel 'rubbery'

ok,..so I'm exagerating a bit.
    I do feel hungover in the mornings after taking flexeril.
    It does help with sleep tho.

It is known to cause weight gain.

For me,..Soma works best.
    but this one helps.

Take care
    Tandy
  7. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I wish it did.It just seems to relax me.But then,Morphine and Neurontin don't make me sleepy either.Linda
  8. hot-tubgirl

hot-tubgirl New Member

Mikie, i too find it made me gain weight and and i feel hungover and groggy in morning. do you know alternatives other than flexeril that don't have those side effects?
  9. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

i've taken flexeril on several different occasions and it never really worked that well for me, also it didn't make me tired at all. i've found that the muscle relaxer robaxin works much better for me. so, if the flexeril doesn't work you could ask your doctor for that. hope this helps.
    rachel
  10. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

I used to take a large dose of Skelaxin and it worked wonmders but because of my insurance I was nto allowed to take it anymore.I also could nto see my rhuemy either.So my regualr dr. put me in Flexeril. Knocked me out cold.Could not take it.I am a single mom,I have to be AWAKE.Even when I took it at bedtime,I could not wake up in the morning.
  11. G.I.Jane

G.I.Jane New Member

Hi Tracy! I started taking 5mg of Flexeril before bed several months ago when my rheumatologist suggested that even though I thought I was sleeping deeply, I might not be. I started on Flexeril and wow! what a difference! It never makes me feel groggy in the morning (Pamelor used to do that when I used it for sleep) and I wake up feeling good (NOT like I was runover with a semi!). I also do much better with a medication on *lower* doses, it makes a real difference for me success-wise.

Good luck! Jane
  12. edwardhoward

edwardhoward Member

I take 10mg 3x a day along with ibuprofen when my lower back starts acting up. I am better in 2 - 3 days. Works great for me. My doctor used to also prescribe a narcotic pain reliever but that did nothing for the pain. Ibuprofen along with Flexeril (Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride) works best. More details visit internationaldrugmart