Does Gas Stove affect Fibro?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hope4today, Aug 14, 2008.

1. hope4today

hope4today New Member

We are building a new house...smaller with conveniences to make my life easier. I have always wanted to have a gas range.
    Love to cook. These don't have pilot lights anymore. I was wondering if they make anyone worse? Will get an electric oven.THanks for weighing in on this issue. My husband is doing all the shopping for the house...since it wears me out but salespeople don't know about fibro.
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

on if you are sensitive to it or not, imho. I've had electric for last 30+ years so I know it never affected me, altho I too prefer gas for cooking still...
  3. padre

padre New Member

We had electric for years and I've had Fibro for years. We switched to gas -- stove, dryer, waterheater, and fireplace insert -- I have experienced no difference. Easier to cook, however, and at one time cheaper. See no problems.
  4. colorfulcolorado

colorfulcolorado New Member

I've had a gas stove for 11 or 12 years now and I love it. But I'm not that sensitive to smells, unless I have a migraine. Even then it doesn't affect me.
  5. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I have had gas stoves and electric stoves and have not noticed any difference between the two as far as my FM is concerned. So I say go ahead and get the gas stove if that is what you want. Our stove and oven are gas and it doesn't bother me at all.

I like cooking with gas better as well.