Does Green tea taste like reg brown tea??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rene, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Rene

Rene New Member

I love tea just the plain lipton tea but I was thinking about green tea. Does it taste like plain lipton or is it have a way different taste like comparing sprite to coke???
    Thanks
  2. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

I have not found a green tea that I like. I think it tastes bitter and I don't like sweet tea so sugar makes it worse. I know it is supposed to be good for you and all but even the smell bothers me.
  3. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

it does not taste the same at all. I had some at my friend's house in FL that she had made as ice tea that I liked, but I think it must have had a small amount of sugar in it. It was not real sweet, but the green tea we have here at work is not sweet at all.

It is nowhere near as strong either. It is light colored and you can see through it. I can drink it okay and do sometimes for the benefits, but would not if it was not good for you because of the taste.

Sonya
  4. ChungieDolor

ChungieDolor New Member

Hi Rene

I drink green tea on a daily basis, try to at least. I put splenda in mine, so it tastes good to me. Not sure if artificial sweetners reduce the healthy effects or not. I find that I have more energy after drinking it. But then again, each person has had their own experiences.

Sincerely
    Chungiedolor
  5. Rene

Rene New Member

I glad I didn't buy any. Maybe I will try the green tea vitamins!
    Thanks!
  6. tansy

tansy New Member

of green tea so I buy one that has mint in it as well, or I buy them seperately and mix them.

It's important to realise there is still caffiene in green tea, those who are sensitive to caffiene might one to try one of the decaffeinated versions.

Tansy
  7. naturebaby

naturebaby New Member

I'm a big English tea drinker, always have been, milk in first!

So I didn't really like green tea when I first had it. But after spending 6 weeks in Japan where it is so customary, I learned to really enjoy it! And it does seem to make me feel better!

It takes about a week to get a taste for it. Don't make it too strong. Japanese people don't add anything to their tea, but if a little honey makes it go down, why not?

cheers, nature
  8. Marikate

Marikate New Member

The Arizona tea company has flavored green tea---peach, blueberry and other flavors. It may be new, I had not seen it in the grocery store before. The peach was good, a light flavor and refreshing.
  9. lea

lea Member

green tea; I understand it is a form of green tea and tastes much better to me than regular green tea.
    There are actually several varieties.
    best,
    lea