Does having gallbladder removed cause weight gain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kriket, Jul 25, 2006.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

I may have to have mine removed, and was wondering if you gain weight after it is gone? Or lost? Those of you who have had yours taken out, what seemed to happen?

Kriket
  2. BronzeWomn

BronzeWomn New Member

I lost weight at first. It was years ago. Everything i ate made me sick at lst. Later about a month. I could eat anything i wanted. I have gain from menopause somewhat.
  3. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Hi, I had my gallbladder removed and don't recall having any weight gain. I can remember being very bloated though.

I was so glad to have it removed because I had been having severe attacks for several weeks and didn't know what it was. I think they do these as outpatient surgeries now and usually people are back to work within a week.

My Doctor told me I came at a good time because my gallbladder was in poor condition and it could have ruptured.

carolin
  4. ruby711

ruby711 New Member

I had mine out 6 months ago. I have not had weight gain from it. I did not have stones just loss of function. Some alternative docs say one should take bile salts afterwards because the body has a much harder time breaking down fats after gb removal. There are post gallbladder protocols on various webs.
    ruby