Does heat make it worse?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by zibit17, Aug 3, 2006.

1. zibit17

zibit17 New Member

Is it me? Or, is it the weather? I have been having more and more pain each day this week. The temp.got hotter and hotter also. Today in NVA.(Stafford) temp. is 100 and I can hardly move. Anyone know of a correlation?
    Loni in Virginia
  2. MsE

MsE New Member

I have CFS, Fibro's near relative, and hot weather does me in. All my symptoms are aggravated on hot days.
  3. bre_ann

bre_ann New Member

so I hurt a lot worse when it's colder. I'd much rather be hot (it's 102 here in TX) than cold.
  4. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I hurt more in the winter, but get problems standing up when it's hot. My pulse goes above 130 just standing (postural tachycardia) up. I get very weak. I also tend to get intense hypoglycemia when I get this way in the heat.
  5. ellie-b

ellie-b New Member

We have been in 100's and I am home bound, even if I stay in the house where it is relatively cool, I just want to take off all my close, which would not be a pretty sight! It has cooled down into the 80's and I am do a little better. I am from Utah so it is dry but I still hate the heat, but the extreem cold is bad too. My body can't keep the thurmstat working. Ellie
  6. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Either end of the spectrum means pain for me. Extreme heat or extreme cold, I just can't handle. I hope it cools off and you feel better. God bless, Anne Theresa
  7. BEARANDBUGSMOM

BEARANDBUGSMOM New Member

If I go out and run errands, I feel like I'm going to pass out when I get home. And maybe its the medication or me but I sweat so bad nowadays it's constantly running in my eyes! It's embarassing. I have 2 small children that I have to get in and out of the car every time I stop somewhere and unfortunately my nerves are affected by the heat so I get grumpy!!

((HUGS))
    Kelly
  8. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Nor the cold...

Nor the rainy days...

Nor the just cloudy days...

Nor the fans or the a/c...

It seems my fave days are those with some sun, cooling temps on the 50's-60's and with the wood stove blazing...

Anyone know where I can go to get this year round...tehe

I wish I didn't have all these health problems :-((((((((

Peaceful days ahead~Alicia
  9. Empower

Empower New Member

The heat and humidity actually help my fibro pain, but causes me more fatigue
  10. Wingush

Wingush New Member

I am in Ontario, Canada. The hot & humid weather does make me feel a lot worse. The humidity is really tough for me to handle. I have the a/c running on those days but it does not seem to get very cool.... I may be because we have brown outs with everyone else running their a/c too. Some areas nearby have lost their electricity due to this. I am sorry for them but so glad it was not us.
  11. Astarte

Astarte New Member

I'm hoping for early snow. I want to stand in the snow in a sun dress. Sounds glorious huh? But I know from this past winter I hurt more. The heat has been unbearable, gotta love this global "warming" melting. I'm just melting this summer. No relief. Not sure about the pain level but when your body feels like you have a major flu, the aches and pains, it also feels like your temparture is rising. Even when it's not.

With gas prices going up so high, any suggestions on how to get through winter when our bodies really ache badly?

Star
  12. Linn3

Linn3 New Member

Cold weather is very difficult, but for me. heat is worse. My energy level is non existent when its hot outside. I try to stay in the air conditioning as much as i can.
  13. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i not only have the fibro...i have degenerative disc disease...long bio of all kinds of musckle skeltol problems...

jodie