Does hot weather make us put on weight?????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rosiebud, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I'm sure I'm not dreaming this.

I read somewhere (here???) that people with CFS eat more in very hot weather to compensate something or other.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about??????

Thanks .

love
    Rosie
  2. ckahele

ckahele New Member

My theory is that hot weather makes our yeast act up.
    They thrive in warm moist enviroments (hot humid weather) and can also (in the form of molds) be lurking in our ducts and air conditioners.
    When yeast flares you want to eat more sugars and starches because that is what yeast feeds on.
    My low blood sugar also goes wild due to the yeast eating the sugars in the blood then the body needing more.
    I also crave dark beer in the summer months (yeast party!).
    So that's my theory folks..born out of experience.
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

you all make sense, I just have to work out which one applies to me or get my mouth sewed up.

love
    Rosie
  4. mary124

mary124 New Member

I tend to lose weight or keep the same weight in the Summer, drink lots of water-- its too hot to eat here in Central Texas- so when I eat its very light) Now winter time, its a different story, thats when I start to gain weight.
  5. tansy

tansy New Member

for most of the day during hot spells, any activity would leave me craving more food. This craving food (fuel) after activity has been fairly consistant, but more so in the hot weather when symptoms of unstable blood sugar-insulin peaks occur too.

Fortunately my weight gain has only been 2 lbs.

TC, Tansy
    [This Message was Edited on 08/25/2006]