Does it ever end?? Apparently not - Update

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dragon06, Dec 10, 2006.

1. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I just need to get this off my chest...

I have FMS, IBS, Stomach problems which still remain undiagnosed and High Blood Pressure.

I went to the doctor recently with a weird breast problem and was sent for an MRI to check if I had an adenoma in my pituitary gland.
    Well the MRI came back and my pituitary is just fine so the problem has been diagnosed as a side effect of 3 possible drugs I take. OK I can live with that.

However during this MRI it was noted that there were some "unusual signals" in my bone marrow. HUH? So back to the doctor I go to get a set of blood tests done so they can look into this issue some more...wonderful.

I also recently went in for a GYN exam (sorry if that's too much info) and while she was feeling my abdomen she found it was unusually solid. So now I have to go for an Ultra Sound to find out what is up with my abdomen.

We also had to do some tweaking of my medications because I have had worsening pain lately so we are trying to conquer that.

It just seems as if whenever I start to get something under control there is something else waiting in the wings to pop out and be a problem.

Some day I want to make a doctor's appointment, go in and when the doctor says "What seems to be the problem today?" I want to be able to say "Nothing, I feel perfectly fine." and then walk out of the office.

Thanks for letting me vent.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/14/2006]
  2. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

I wish every Dr.would treat you as a WHOLE person, not just one ailment at a time.
    My rhuemy is getting pretty good at the whole person thing though.
  3. ellikers

ellikers New Member

I can understand how frustrated you feel. It's like there is always something strange and somewhat scary happening to your body, and you don't want to be going in for help so much but you have to take care of yourself.

Hang in there. I know it is hard and completely maddening to try and keep up with everything there is going on with your body. You sound like you are being incredibly brave, motivated and are determind to get better and get the best medical help you can to achieve your goals of healing. And that is extraorindary.

I felt very similarly about a year ago, I was getting sick and having problem after problem after problem and I was scared that the doctors were just going to start saying that it was all in my head (and one actually tried to say that).

But now I'm doing a LOT better, and have actually been surprised that I am suddenly so healthy and not having those stresses and frustrations. So just know that it's possible that someday you will be surprised that you are doing so well instead of having problem after problem.

Unfortunately, there is nothing to make you feel all better right now. I wish I could help you feel that. I really like the adage "If you're going through hell, don't stop, just keep going"

You deserve to be healthy and safe and happy. Know that. Believe that and know that you are supported here.
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

dranon06:

I am so sorry about this. I hope you can find some peace in the process.

nyrofan

5. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

thanks for the replies and encouragement.

I go for the ultra sound on Thurs and my blood results should be in by then too, hopefully I will get some info soon.
  6. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I went for my ultrasound today and ended up in my doctor's office just minutes after the test. Seems they found a mass on one of my ovaries. Great.

So now it's 2 more MRI's, chest X-Ray and seeing an OBGYN all within 2 days next week.

I am trying not to be worries but...
  7. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

Thanks for the encouragement
  8. ellikers

ellikers New Member

Well, I guess the good news is they found something that needs to be examed and looked at and fixed- so they have something to focus on and address instead of not knowing what's wrong.

I wish you all the best during your tests and exams next week! Do you have support people in your life that can be with you?

take care,
    Ellikers

p.s. and I can relate to "when it rains it pours" recently my life completely changed, every aspect going through transition and strain and stress and change .... I'm so upset and stressed out and I don't understand why it all happens at the same time. People keep telling me whe doesn't kill you makes you stronger, but I like to think about it like I get to find out how amazingly strong and resilient I am when I go through so much.

Hang in there!
    [This Message was Edited on 12/16/2006]
  9. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

Yes I have the support ofmy family, which is great and helps take some of the stress off.

My hubby is more worried than I am I think though so he is not much help in the calm down department though lol.