Does it ever go away?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by twjen, Nov 22, 2002.

1. twjen

twjen New Member

Has anyone ever heard of anyone getting rid of fibro?
    I cant find any info. about it. I didnt know it could flare or cycle until now. Over summer I thought I was cured of what I thought was some weird bought of arthritis and fatigue. Do flares get worse for years or stay the same?
    Ive had alot of the "head trip" stuff with this one and hope I wont get to where I act senile. Any long timers have info. on this? Thanks tonz.
  2. twjen

twjen New Member

Has anyone ever heard of anyone getting rid of fibro?
    I cant find any info. about it. I didnt know it could flare or cycle until now. Over summer I thought I was cured of what I thought was some weird bought of arthritis and fatigue. Do flares get worse for years or stay the same?
    Ive had alot of the "head trip" stuff with this one and hope I wont get to where I act senile. Any long timers have info. on this? Thanks tonz.
  3. sheri

sheri New Member

Just read your post, as for me, I have had this many years.
    When I was younger, it seemed my flares didn't last as long, but so many things can throw you into flares that as time goes on and illnesses or traumas occur(which everyone faces sooner or later) that can throw you into a flare. I also feel better around Spring. Some posts that I've read here have found great relief, so hopefully, you can read those and get knowledge and more help than I can give you. I can only say this, that, as of this time, there is no cure. It is a very strange, vague, illness. I have been in a flare for several months...never quite had one last this long, but I took a bad fall in July(knocked myself out), broke my radius and ulna, with rib contusions, about a week after the cast was off, contacted a virus, Asthma, and GERD also flared, was on prednisone,which caused ulcers...so the past 5 months have been going from one thing into another, and hence, fibro flare...Your head will clear up, but I know what you mean, thinking straight or being "sharp" minded is part of this. Hope your flare is over soon, my used to only last 3 weeks at the longest...now, its months,.
    however, I am hopeful that "this too will pass", be brave as you can be and you certainly are not alone!!(or senile)!
    Blessings to you, sheri
  4. fifty1ford

fifty1ford New Member

Greetings twjen,

I am sorry, but I've not found any information that would lead me to believe that there is a cure or and end to FMS. I have heard of people going into some sort of remission though. The best you can do is to learn what triggers the flares and do your best to stay away from them, be it stress, over excertion, etc.

Also, fill your healthcare "toolbox" with as much as you can find that works for you. It may take some time and experimentation, but it's worth it. DO NOT depend solely on what a doctor tells your or prescribes for you. Seek out alternatives like chiropractic care, acutpunture, nutritional suppliments, and most important of all is to care for you soul. Look to things like meditation, Qi Gong, Tai Chi, and even yoga. There are times when your soul is your only friend and it will always listen to you as long as you listen to it.

I have gone through substantial changes since I came down with FMS/CFIDS and there will undoutedly be more. Live your life the best that you can and don't ever give up. I've been very close to the dark-side and on the brink of giving up, but I've been saved by nuturing my soul and believing in God (the Creator). It doesn't matter what religion you follow, just have faith.

Peace and Be well,
    fifty1ford
  5. Roxi

Roxi New Member

It never gets better, it just gets different. This week's weird effect next week will be something totally stranger.
    The "head stuff" is what all of us hate the most. The doctors call it "cognitive dysfunction" but we call it losing our minds! Our only hope is research and a future cure. So we wait....
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

And our experiences with these illnesses are unique to us. I do know that those of us who have improved have found treatments which have helped us. Again, we are all different, so we have to try different things to see what will work for us.

The Guai treatment is the only treatment which offers the possibility of reversing the symptoms of FMS. It does produce remissions of varying duration. Some have spontaneous remissions as well.

It is possible to get better, to get worse, and to have our illnesses change. As I said, most who get better do so through hard work and by becoming researchers and detectives and working with good docs who are willing to be equal partners in healing. I believe some will get worse no matter what they do, but I also believe a person is very apt to worsen if s/he does nothing for healing.

Our illnesses are very strange and interesting. They can produce the widest variety of symptoms and just when you get one thing under control, something else can rear its ugly head. I think it takes a good therapist to help us deal with life's stress and the nature of our illnesses.

Love, Mikie