Does it get worse?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by discoverygal, Nov 7, 2006.

1. discoverygal

discoverygal New Member

I am reading about all you folks who have been living with pain for many many years. I have had pain for a short 4 years (In hindsite, I know the event that triggered it)I have just been diagnosed with FM. My pain has just recently become where I need something to help me during the day. I only have trouble with sleep sometimes (1 or 2 times a week), and I don't have candida or bowel problems.

What I have been reading in my research, it seems that there are symptoms that I do not have right now. I am afraid that the worst is yet to come. What are your stories as far as when the symptoms appeared and if your pain got worse as time went on.

Lots of hugs
    Danette
  2. charlenef

charlenef New Member

ive been in bed close to 3 years i tried to fight it at first but i just kept getting worse hayley has very good info so look into things she suggests.good luck charlene
  3. suz45

suz45 New Member

Welcome Danette: (pretty name) try not to worry or do the what ifing about the FM getting worse. I was dx. almost 7 years ago and my symptoms wax and wane. Also as some of the other posts mentioned the medical community is starting to communicate and listen about this disorder and the realness of the pain.

I had two really good years until this past summer and yes I am struggling a bit mor now, but life is still promising and I have two awesome doctors that take me seriously about my pain. You may have some bad days and some really good days... Don't stop living the life you want or going for your dreams because of the what ifs. None of us know what the future holds....

I will be returning to school for an adavaced degree in health psychology in January pain or no pain... I always try to find the positve and yet be realistic too. You may have to make changes in your life but one comes to terms with this slowly as we adapt to what our bodies will or won't let us do on certain days. Please use all of us for ideas and support or to just vent...That is what this place is all about and what makes all of us unique to each other.

In wellness or not,

Hugs,

Suz45
  4. MsE

MsE New Member

Pain isn't my main complaint, though I ache continually. With CFS my problem of duration is bouts of overwhelming exhaustion that come on suddenly, last from days to weeks, and leave suddenly. My doc said something about my having FM too, but no one has done the tests, so....I don't know.

You may not get all the nasty symptoms that come with these syndromes, Danette. Not everyone develops all of the yucky stuff. There is absolutely no reason why you can't be one of the lucky ones. Hang tough!