DOES IT HELP...ANY RELIEF?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tedebear, Nov 18, 2002.

1. tedebear

tedebear New Member

I have Fibro and RSD. I have had numerous nerve blocks and my first trigger point, epidurals. I am going to start temporary PT for intermittent relief. Has anyone had ultrasound with heat and massage? Did you feel it helped between cortisone treatments?
    Thanks for your help.
    Soft hugs.
  2. tedebear

tedebear New Member

I have Fibro and RSD. I have had numerous nerve blocks and my first trigger point, epidurals. I am going to start temporary PT for intermittent relief. Has anyone had ultrasound with heat and massage? Did you feel it helped between cortisone treatments?
    Thanks for your help.
    Soft hugs.
  3. achy

achy New Member

Hiya Tedebear...

About 15 yrs ago after a car accident (the one that started this journey of pain) I had the ultrasound w/heat massage & it was wonderful. I was seeing a orthopedic chiropractor, hard to find one these days, and couldn't wait to go for my treatments. (It didn't hurt that he was adorable and very gentle...oh la la)
    Anywho, I imagine the equipment is much better now and it will help you a great deal. The nerve blocks did nothing for me, glad they are helping you.
    RElax and enjoy!!
    Warm fuzzies
    Achy
  4. Starla

Starla New Member

Hi Tedebear,
    I was going to PT 3 x week and loved it. close your eyes and pretend you are at a luxurious spa somewhere. The heat packs relax you and the massage is simply divine. Ultrasound mostly you don't feel anything. But it is doing it's job. Enjoy it while you are there. Treatments usually last a 20 min. 10-15 min. of heat to get you relaxed, then they come back and do electrastem, ultrasound & massage for about 10 min. each and then your done. My personal experience was, I felt relief at the time and for a few hours afterward. So, go and enjoy while you have the opportunity for a moment of good feelings and relief. I hope your experience with PT is as good as mine was. I had to quit because I lost my Insurance and couldn't afford to pay cash.
  5. tedebear

tedebear New Member

Thanks for letting me in on what to expect. I start tomorrow morning with the PT evaluation and maybe a 1st treatment. It was kind of the pain doc to suggest it for interim between the trigger injections and nerve blocks.
    After your comments, I guess it will be heavenly, eh?
    Very soft hugs to you.