Does Klonopin make you dream more than ever

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Rosiebud, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I've been taking the generic clomazepam for 5 or 6 nights now and I have quite nightmarish dreams. I always have vivid dreams but they're not usually so unpleaseant.

Rosie
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I have had scary dreams all my life, but since Klonopin, they seem to have gone.

Love, Mikie
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I'll probably settle into it, early days yet

Rosie
  4. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

I think we talked about this just recently but a similiar thing is happening to me.

I've been on Klonopin 8 months now and rarely dreamed. Since starting the Klonopin I dream almost every night especially just before I wake up in the morning but my dreams are not of the nightmarish type, just strange. Some are so interesting when I start to wake up I force myself back to sleep to continue the story........
  5. jef40

jef40 New Member

with bad dreams from Klonopin. It just knocks me out for three or four solid hours...
  6. joyegail

joyegail New Member

i used to dream all night long, which i think is why i never got any rest. Now i sleep, and no dreams, at least none that i remember.

Deb
  7. backporchrags

backporchrags New Member

I have suffered from FMS from a young age. Before meds I walked, talked and dreamed all night. One night I found myself in my underware at the door with my dog on her leash, getting ready to go to the park! Thank gosh it was February and the cold woke me up. Once I started Elavil the symptoms stopped. I no longer dream because I am in Non REM sleep, the restive sleep, wich I do not go into naturally.
    I would think that you may want to try something different than Klonopin, if you dream all night then you are not getting the rest the drug is supposed to provide.
    A
  8. dave712

dave712 New Member

I'm on generic klonopin and I have the most vivid strangest dreams I've ever had in my life, I'm 54, some disturbing others just vivid and wild <BR>
    Also on 30 mg day Prozac , Maybe that has something to do with it I don't know
    Dave
    <br><br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 01/14/2013</i>]
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

To Lorazepam. I took one mg. and saw monsters every time I closed my eyes. When I got up and went to the kitchen, I started to hallucinate and saw big black bugs going up the walls. Needless to say, I never took it again and am back on my clonazepam.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    These are strong meds which change the brain's chemistry so, I guess, anything can happen.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    Love, Mikie