Does lime juice give the same benefits as lemon juice?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TwinMa, Feb 3, 2007.

1. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I've been drinking 1 tablespoon of lemon juice along with 1 tablespoon of aloe vera juice each morning to help with digestion.

Will lime juice give the same effect as the lemon juice? Any differences?
  2. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

I would also like to know.

Phoebe
  3. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I don't do it as a shot (and certainly not with the tequila, eeks!).

I drink my lemon and aloe vera juice mixed in with about 4 oz of water. I drink a good healthy glass of water in the morning, so I don't see any diffence in mixing the lemon & aloe with the water BEFORE it goes down the chute. It makes it a lot more palatable!

Still wondering about the lime. I bought a bottle of Minute Maid frozen lime juice for making guacamole, so I have a bottle already. I guess I'll just give it a shot--no wait! NOT a shot! I'll give it a TRY. You know what I mean.
  4. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

help me. I have digestive problems too. I've got a bag of Key Limes right now. I juice them. Citrus stimulates the gall bladder, which releases bile. Bile is a waste product from the liver and helps with breaking up fat into small droplets. Then lipase from the pancrease can then break it further down for digestion and absorbtion. Fat is essential to life...don't eliminate it. The heart runs on fat, and the brain is made of EFA (essential fatty acids). Karen Carpenter died from heart damage, her brother Richard said that she was on a liquid protien diet.

My best digestive, natural help comes from melons. Honeydew, watermelon, cantalope. "Eat melons alone or leave them alone or you tummy will groan" says Jay Kordich, the Juiceman.

I also use Walmart "Rexall" Enzymes.

Heat (pastuerization) destroys enzymes so don't buy bottled juice, lemon or lime for that matter. Fresh is always best.
  5. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Thank you for your helpful replies.

dncnfngrs - I definitely knew you were kidding. I just have some pretty icky memories of tequila from many many many years ago. You don't want to know. It wasn't pretty. Besides, I'm more of a B52 shot kind of gal (or I used to be way back when). Your comment did make me smile, though. Humor is GOOD.

Stormyskye & allwxrider - Thanks. I'll give the lime a try. Variety = good. Boredom = bad.

phoebe1 - hope you see this thread so you know about limes, too.