DOES (lol) heat make you itch? This really sucks

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by achy, Oct 3, 2002.

1. achy

achy New Member

KY..SEE note below lol

I live for my heating pad & rice socks..byt for some reason it is making me itch. No I haven't changed anything...detergents, lotions..doesn't matter where I use it, my back, shoulders, butt (Oh God do my hips ache) I itch itch itch.

Now what am I supposed to do if I can't use heat?? Perish the thought!
    Achy

OOps...would you believe I used to win spelling bees?
    We're a hunting family too...hey, a laugh is a laugh I'll take all I can get

[This Message was Edited on 10/05/2002]
  2. achy

achy New Member

KY..SEE note below lol

I live for my heating pad & rice socks..byt for some reason it is making me itch. No I haven't changed anything...detergents, lotions..doesn't matter where I use it, my back, shoulders, butt (Oh God do my hips ache) I itch itch itch.

Now what am I supposed to do if I can't use heat?? Perish the thought!
    Achy

OOps...would you believe I used to win spelling bees?
    We're a hunting family too...hey, a laugh is a laugh I'll take all I can get

[This Message was Edited on 10/05/2002]
  3. motg

motg New Member

I also have an itching problem when I am hot. I have tried lots of thing and nothing has worked but a cold shower so I can't be of any hep but I just wanted you to know that you are not alone in this.
    Barb
  4. pamelasng

pamelasng New Member

Hi Achy, we also have the itchy thing, it also happens when we wear anything tight against our skin then we scratch untill we bleed, I often have to wrap my arms up to stop scratching them,I have scars right down my R arm, I also developed an allegy to gold and this makes me itch if I wear a chain, Hope you find a way around it, Bye Pam,Jess,Liss.
  5. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I know what you mean about the itching problem. My back is the worse area. I have itched so much at times that it bleeds. I try to be careful not to do that. Heat doesn't work well for me for the pain and it does make me itch more. I have found that ice packs work best for me. It helps numb the pain (I use them mainly at bedtime to help me sleep) and it doesn't cause itching.

Ellen
  6. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I have FMS and folks with FMS have a Histimine Problem.
    My Rhumologist put me on Vistril about 2 years ago and the horrible itching stopped. My ring finger on the right hand is the one place that still bugs me now and then, but it's better than before.

Hope you have a Itchless day, and may it be filled with Sunshine.
    kredca4/sharon
  7. pepper

pepper New Member

I have itches everywhere; sometimes everywhere at once! Even the insides of my ears and my eyeballs! I finally thought that it might be candida and asked for diflucan. The unbearable itch disappeared withing a half hour.

I'm still taking it and so many things have improved - especially the itch!

Pepper
  8. KYRock

KYRock New Member

I'm not laughing at you Achy. I'm laughing at myself.
    Thought you all might get a kick out of it too.
    See I'm a deer hunter. Well I love to deer hunt.
    And no i don't want to hear any ARA crap. lol Anyway I hunt.
    Well I did. When I saw Achy's post I'm going what the heck!
    Achy didn't put a S on Doe. I thought they was asking if doe in heat would make you itch. lol Doe in heat is something that draws the Buck to you. Well i thought I was funny.
  9. jetmek

jetmek New Member

I have the same problem my Dr told me it was from my nerves being hyper sensative and we are trying to find ways to deal with it. I know what your going through so hang in there
  10. jetmek

jetmek New Member

I know what you meant you must be a hillbilly dont worry im married to one and i also saw the humor. I think I have a bottle of that some where here at home to. What part of KY you from?
  11. herblady

herblady New Member

since i've had this cold in this heat i've had a fever and have been sweating this icky, thick sweat. it itches. must have toxins in it. cindi
  12. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

Yes, I think any type of heat will make me itch more..I'm always scratching here or there..But then I also have AIH(autoimmune hepatitis) & itching can be from that..I've been itching for years, one dr. told me is was just from stress, sorry, I don't buy that..I have scars all over my left arm, more than right, think it's because I'm right handed and can scratch better onto the left arm..
    I get it so bad that my husband uses a hairbrush on my back, and even my legs sometimes..When I'm home alone, I have already taken a fork to my back to get at the itching..
    Although I still use my heat when really needed for pain..
    I guess it's a no win situation..I've also tried all kinds of soaps and creams.......
    Take Care Everyone..........Donna
  13. tired42long

tired42long New Member

Yep, got the doe heat joke. Hunting background and 5 brothers. My husband thinks he's daniel boone. LOL.Lots of little bottles of stuff around to make him the manly man in the woods....still looking for a great rack (not gonna find it with me---am 34 A ---ha!ha!---I'll take any laugh I can get too!!))
    About the heat thing...I wonder if you used MOIST heat instead. My sister lent me some sort of heat pack you simmer in a pot on the stove and wrap up in some sort of little blanket "wrap"...sorta like a big pig-in-a-blanket. It is WONDERFUL!!!!! I'd think a chiro, sports med, or other doc would know whee to find this.I tossed the heating pad aside as some think that electromagnetic energy somehow can hurt our condition. I listen to all practical and possible, esp. if there is a good alternative. Even most ortho. docs agree moist is better for aches/deep bone pain.
  14. KYRock

KYRock New Member

Tell your hubby I have 4 racks on the wall. I have one
    so so rack that I killed with a bow. But I have 2 nice
    mounts that I killed with a rifle. I didn't feel up to going last year and things aren't looking to good for this year either. For jet I'm from southcentral KY. And I don't consider myself to be a hillbilly just a good old country
    girl. I was raised on a farm. I also like to coon hunt.
    We have 10 walker coonhounds. It really sucks when you're
    not able to do the things you love to do. I'll try to put
    some shots of my deer on my profile.