Does Memory Foam help w/sleep?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tawra, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Tawra

Tawra New Member

We purchased a Select Comfort bed five years ago. I slept on it about 3-4 months and then was back on the couch again. I tried sleeping in it off and on all the time but I was just to stiff and sore that it wasn't worth it. (I tired all the numbers)

Last December I broke down and bought a Cuddle Ewe from all the great reviews. It seemed to work great and then about 3-4 months later I was back on the couch again from the pain. (I'm on cymbalta too) I would have returned it but it was just after the 90 return time that I figured it out it wasn't working. Augh! $300 down the toilet.

It would be nice to try and sleep in the bed again with hubby. Before I go spend another $100+, does Memory Foam help anyone?

I've even tried putting the couch cushions on the bed but that didn't work. The couch is the only thing I can sleep on that I don't wake up in horrible pain.

Thanks for any advice, Tawra
  2. GKTLA

GKTLA New Member

Hi tawra-

I went through all the mattress tops/pads that you did and nothing helped. I was bed-ridden for so long and had lost so much weight that my bones were tearing through my skin (especially my at hips). I was in misery and my husband had to try to build makeshift donuts every day around my hip bones so that I could get some sleep.

We went to a mattress store in desperation and tested lots of therapeutic beds...I ending up getting the Supreme Tempur-pedic bed (about $2,000). It was a huge relief and even if I'm bed-ridden for weeks I don't get the sores and pains I used to. I love it. I know it is very expensive but they do have a 30-day refund policy. I wish I had gotten one years ago.

The memory foam mattress toppers and pads just don't cut it. For me, the entire mattress needed to be foam. We wasted a lot of money on the mattress pads.

GKTLA
  3. mrpain

mrpain New Member

Is it true they are hot to sleep in? I'm looking too, but I'm very hot nature and that would kill me if there was any added heat. It would feel good though in the morning when I wake up cold, which is about the only time that happens..