Does more sleep help you feel better?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sunnysmile, Jun 23, 2006.

1. sunnysmile

sunnysmile New Member

I've noticed in the last couple of days when I have gotten 10 hours of sleep, that my excruciating burning pain in my arms started decreasing. Just wondered if this was coincidence or if getting more rest/sleep really is what helped. Thanks.
  2. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

It helps more than any pill.Linda
  3. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I find that the more sleep I get, the better I feel. Sometimes, however, the pain and stiffness wake me and I can't lay in bed even though I'm tired. I usually get up and walk around or stretch a little and then go back to bed if I'm still tired.

Yesterday, I spent most of the day in bed. Of course, I'm in a bad flare right now. Usually I don't spend so much time in bed.

But, yes, sleep helps. Some doctors are against sleeping during the day because they feel that it keeps us up at night. I don't think it makes a difference for me. Besides, if I'm really fatigued and can't do anything, what am I suppose to do. I don't think it is wise to push ourselves too much - although I'm thinking of posting something about that very subject.

Lolalee
  4. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

It helps take the edge off the fatigue, and helps some with pain. I feel like my body has to work overtime in some invisible way just to exist. Everything I do seems to take a tremendous amount of effort. I don't think I get much of the deeper stages of sleep which would let me feel restored.
  5. baanders

baanders New Member

that sleep is the most important issue to work on. I agree. So is stress reduction and mild exercise.

baanders
  6. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

because of the pain. I just got put on Lyrica, to help me get a more restful sleep. Just been on it 2 nights so dont know yet if it works but I find that Im very sleepy now part of the day so I guess its doing something.

Suzette
  7. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Sunnysmile:

Nice nick. And yes, I am another one who finds more sleep helps, especially if it is uninterrupted.

nyrofan
  8. doxielover70

doxielover70 New Member

I feel a whole lot better with more sleep. Especially the stage 4. Seems like I don't get enough of it. I can really tell the difference on the days I don't. Like lastnight. I could really take a nap here at work. lol!
  9. sunnysmile

sunnysmile New Member

for your replies. I noticed a big difference in the way I slept last night. The two 10 hour nights I had taken tylenol pm and had uninterrupted sleep. Last night, I didn't take anything and I just layed there in bed, couldn't sleep...finally at 3am I took ONE instead of two, hoping it would be enough to push me over into dreamland. I'm not as groggy this morning as I am when I take two, but I worry about taking anything EVERY night.