Does My Disability Case Sound Good?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by srobins, Sep 12, 2005.

1. srobins

srobins New Member

Hi everyone! I was denied my first application for SSD in February of this year. I immediately got a lawyer and, in the state I live in, the next stage is automatically a hearing in front of an ALJ. My lawyer contacted me on Friday and said the judge was reviewing my case at this time and all they needed was income verification from my Mary Kay business. He is ready to make a decision once he receives that! I was surprised! The lawyer told me today that I will probably know a decision in the next couple of days! Does this sound good or not? The lawyer said that my medical evidence was strong and I had four different types of doctors stating that I was disabled. She says that it is a good sign if he can make a decision on my records alone. I'm not so sure though! What do you all think?
  2. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Hi srobins:

Are you working? First time I hear that someone is filing disability and has an income from a business. I am not an expert in Social Security Disability so I don't know if that is a good thing.

I do know that the people that I have met here at this site including myself have received disability because we couldn't work. Maybe your case would be partial disability?

Maybe someone here can give you more insight about this.

In any event, good luck and please let us know the outcome.

Hugs,
    Francey
    [This Message was Edited on 09/12/2005]
  3. srobins

srobins New Member

I quit my full-time job in August of 2001 to do Mary Kay part-time because I was no longer able to work a full-time schedule because of my FM and CFS. When I reported this to SSD, they used the last day I worked full-time as my disability start date. I did Mary Kay part-time, then about 1 year after working it part-time, I had a really bad setback and was only able to service my customers. That is all I have been doing since then. No parties and either my customers pick up their orders or I mail them. Because of not being able to put in the effort that it takes, I always show a loss on taxes because of the deductions, etc. that you can take as being self-employed. The one year that I did show a profit, it was very little.
  4. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Dear srobins:

If that is the case about your part-time with Mary Kay then I would think that your case looks good. As I always say if the reports from the docs are strong and convincing, then you should win at this Appeals level.

I will be praying for you to have a great outcome. Please let us know as soon as you get a decision.

Soft hugs,
    Francey
  5. srobins

srobins New Member

I will let everyone know! Keep your fingers crossed! Toes, too!!