Does my lawyer get paid if I get approved during the 2nd round?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Honora88, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Honora88

Honora88 Member

Hi Friends,

I just received my check! It was deposited in my account. I have no idea how they knew my bank account!

Anyway, I got the full amount. I guess they don't pay out my lawyer first.

Do I have to pay my lawyer if I get approved the 2nd round?
  2. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

Yes, if you have signed a contract with them.

I have heard of people that did most of the work themselves, got a lawyer, got approved on the record and still had to pay.

Try to look at it as you may not have gotten it if they hadn't been involved.

3. Honora88

Honora88 Member

I really appreciate your replys. I did a lot of the work and they have given me different answers a lot of time so I thought I should ask someone on here before I call and ask them.

4. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

Try to see if they will discount any off your bill. Be ready with figures of hours or tasks that you did on your own or for them.

Hopefully, they will take that into account and reduce your fee.

I hope so
    will be offlist for a little while. Hope it goes well for you.
  5. Honora88

Honora88 Member

Hi Marty,

I wish I could negotiate. I am such a people pleaser and hate having awkard conversations. That's a great idea though
  6. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I also am workign though an attorney but am so worried that they are not sending any information that could be added to my file.

Did you send information to social security or to your atty's? Also what type of information did you send in.

I get monthly progress reports from my doctor....I thought those would be good...what about articles etc??

7. Honora88

Honora88 Member

and then he sent them to SS.
  8. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

Then yes you have to pay them.