DOes soma help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by willruthie1965, Jun 9, 2008.

1. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

Doctor put me on soma .Can anyone tell me if this works. Ruthie
  2. floridagrl

floridagrl New Member

I did not work for me but it does work for others. Flexaril, Soma, nor Zanaflex worked for me though. Valium seemed to do better. I would at least give it a week or so. Hopefully it will help and you have a good Dr that will keep trying for you.

3. willruthie1965

JUst so tired of tryng yet another drug to help me. I gained 25 pounds from neurontin. I wish we could find a long acting chronic pain med that will work.Than maybe I woudn't have to talk all this other stuff. Ruthie
  4. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

It is the only thing that really works for me.

I take with my Norco. at first it made me sleepy, but I did adjust to that after awhile.

I was not able to tollerate Neruitin or the other one, Gabapin sp is wrg probalbly.
    But , my Sister takes Nerutin and it works for her,

One of the first things I learned is that not every med. or trt works for everyone.
    I hope the Soma helps you as much as it does me, I would not like to be without mine.

Good Luck,
  5. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I have had a script for Soma for over a decade. I take it when a particular muscle is screaming at me, it does help loosen it. I suggest you break it in half as you may find a whole one puts you to sleep. I don't think it helps pain, but it does act on the muscles.

I also use valium, but that is more to calm me down or aid in getting to sleep. I have also used it for ibs as it calms down the digestive tract. I learned valium was originally designed to help with ibs, then they learned a side effect was calming.

Sometimes I take the valium and soma together, depending on how tight I am or what crisis I am facing in daily life.
  6. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

It works but I have to take one and a half.

Go at it slowly, I say that as some people cannot tolerate it, my ex couldn't take it, it made him dizzy but he continued to take it and one day passed out. He wound up in hospital as they tought he had a heart attack. No just was not tolerant of it, it is a strong muscle relaxant.

I suggest taking not more then one a day for the first few to see if you have any problems.
  7. willruthie1965

Thanks very much. Ruthie