does someone help you dress?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by homesheba, Oct 26, 2006.

1. homesheba

homesheba New Member

or do other things that you need help with since you got sick?
    my mom is 79 years old!
    and i have to have her actually help me
    everynow and then cause of pain.
    hubby also,
    and now a days its just about who ever is closest!
    i used to hate to ask for help
    but now i had to
    get over that sigh...
  2. mindbender

mindbender New Member

So far I can dress myself but sometimes in the morning I need help out of bed. Depends what I did the day before.

Around here the labor doesn't stop just because I do. That causes me to over do it.

Alot of times I can't drive.
  3. homesheba

homesheba New Member

the same here..
    i love to drive to and go on trips, but dont know how much longer that will last>>>
  4. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

I can only drive or ride for short trips. He took me to see the fall leaves last Sat. We went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. The wait was 45 min. By the time we ate and got back in the car, after 15 min, I asked to be taken home. I can only grocery shop once a mth and then it puts me in bed for a couple of days.

Suzette

5. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

i haven't quite got to the point that i need help dressing but then the only thing i wear anymore are things that slip on over my head or slip up my legs. Buttons and fitted jeans are a no no. I can wear jeans that are bigger on me then they should be cause then it isn't a problem to zip the zipper. I too am not able to drive a lot and probably drive more then I should but as a single parent you do what you have to in order to get the kids where they need to go sometimes. I have also put off taking my night time meds in order to pick up my daughter from work. I don't think you will find one person on this board that hasn't had to give up on some things they did before this DD or had to change how they did things......SueF
  6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I seldom go out of the house since I have so little energy.

Huck, welcome to the board.