Does someone know a private disability lawyer-need to appeal now

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pez23, Sep 5, 2005.

1. pez23

pez23 New Member

Could anyone recommend a private disability insurance lawyer (not SSDI)? I'm running out of time to appeal and can only have someone who is willing to work on a contingency basis. I've only been able to find a lawyer who takes a large percentage of your past and future benefits, which means you pay them for the rest of your life on disability. I'd appreciate any suggestions.
  2. Rene

Rene New Member

Please go to disabilityinsurancefourms.com

I don't know but please list your state. That above site will help you tonsssssssss!!!!!!!!!
  3. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Dear Pez:

I used the biggest Social Security Disability Advocates for my case and I found them really good. They are called Binder and Binder, toll free # 1-800-362-6699.

They will take cases from all 50 states, and US territories. They will not ask you for 1 cent. If you win your case then they charge 25% of your back pay which is the norm and Social Security will send them their share directly, you don't have to do anything.

The only thing that was a little bothersome is that they constantly change your caseworker, but they are really on top of things and constatnly send forms for your doctors to fill out so they can have lots of evidence. Their main office is in New York, but they will send a lawyer to be with you at the hearing no matter where you live.

Call them and see if they are right for you.

Good luck.

Hugs,
    Francey

4. yuckie

yuckie New Member

I'm using Scott Davis for my SSD and private disability. He's working on contingency and will be paid 25% of past SSD benefits (up to $5300 max) and 40% of past private disability benefits. I found him on this site but not sure where. His number is 602-482-4300. Good luck!
  5. ImDigNiT

ImDigNiT New Member

I have obtained reprensentation from Andrews and Moye. They immediately took my case for Long Term Disability. Is that what you are looking for?

Please let me know and I can put you in touch with them.

Marcia
  6. pez23

pez23 New Member

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I did look up the disibility insurance forum, and did a search on lawyers though none came up. I had tried to contact Scott Davis a couple of times and was told someone would call back, but no one did. I'll try him again along with these new ones you mentioned. Thanks again.
  7. ImDigNiT

ImDigNiT New Member

Andrews and Moye are located in Tallahassee, Fl. I think they are wonderful. They took my case immediately and are sending me to some of their at no cost to me until I win the case.

Also, they are very good about responding to your calls and emails. I highly suggest them.

Marcia
  8. suzetal

suzetal New Member

You must of misunderstood them. If you are owed back benefits and the sum of all total future benefits they will take 30 to 40 % of that.That is the standard fee for most private LTD cases.So if your going to get 50,000.00 total they will take 30 to 40 % of that.I know its alto but I figured it was better than northing.
    They also never charge a fee unless they win. And the cap for ssd is 25%.Hope I helped a little.
    Sue