Does sterling silver bother anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by emttoni, Apr 29, 2007.

1. emttoni

emttoni New Member

I am trying to figure out if the pain in my arms and hands is from my jewelry or not.

Some mornings when I wake up I notice that I have taken off my rings and bracelets sometime during the night. Just wondering if in my sleep Im realizing they are bothering me and take them off.

When I wake up I just put them back on again. But was thinking if people have to have their fillings taken out would this be like the same thing?

Thanks! ~Toni
  2. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Silver has always made my finger wrist or neck turn green.

My fingers that I wore silver on used to also swell.

Hmmm you got me thinking about my fillings.Ill have to talk to my dentist .

Sue
  3. bluewing

bluewing New Member

They get infected if I wear them anyway. Toni, why don't you go without your jewelry for a week and see what happens?
    I once (long ago) could wear silver and surgical steel, but I can't wear them anymore...only gold.
  4. frankie78

frankie78 New Member

hi.

two things:
    first, i know nickel is a common allergy and lots of silver has a nickel alloy. i can't wear anything besides gold in my ears or they get infected.

second, i've read that silver is an anti-viral, not really effective, but one nonetheless. used more in centuries past when sucked on (think bubonic plague years). maybe you are super sensitive to this aspect of it?

hope this helps.

frankie