Does the bible say suicide is a sin?

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by kalaya, Sep 9, 2004.

1. kalaya

kalaya New Member

Need your help and guidance if you can direct me to any and all passages in the good book that refer specifically to suicide and it's eternal consequenses.I had a friend[christian] whom recently took his life by a drug overdose and I want to be with him in glory and have heard suicide refered to as the unpardonable sin.I have scanned the bible but have come away empty and would welcome the guiding hand of any and all who could lead me to biblical passages on this subject.

Please do not give me your own personal views on suicide and what you personally think should be the consequenses just exactly what the bible says.Thank you and God bless.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/09/2004]
  2. grge

grge New Member

Mark 16:16 The only unpardonable sin is rejecting Christ and blaspheming the holy spirit Mark 3:28 29 Verily I say to you all sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blasphemy, but he that shall blasphme against the holy ghost hath never forgivness but is in danger of eternal damnation.

King Saul was fataly wounded in battle so to avoid torture he took his own life.
    2 Samuel 1:23 Saul and Jonathan in life they were loved and gracious and in death they were not parted ( so if Jonathan and Saul wre not parted in death Saul must be in heaven with Johnathan)

John 3:16 Whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

My 25 year old son killed himself and I believe God came to bind up and heal the sick and broken hearted and my precious son is in the loving arms of Christ Jesus because surely any one who commits suicide is not only broken hearted but also mentally ill. I still do not know why John Daniel chose to end his life, he left no letter or words of explanation but I know I will see him again in paradise.

I pray that you are not thinking of suicide, when death comes so close to one of us we often feel like death is a good answer but allowing God to take us home is always best,

georgia

[This Message was Edited on 09/10/2004]
  3. s-rose

s-rose New Member

I am very sorry about your friend.
    We could all give our opinions on the subject and they will probally differ so it is best to go to someone who can back up any answer with scripture.

I will pray for you to receive the peace you are searching for,

Love and prayers,
    Susie rose