Does this fibro ever get too much for you to deal with?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, Dec 5, 2006.

1. I have suffered so long with this dd , it just gets so tiring and frustrating . You just never can really plan on doing something as you never know how your going to feel from one day to another. Maybe its just me?
  2. joeb7th

joeb7th New Member

I am 55. Male. Worked all my life. Did things.

Yes, it gets to you. I have to take anti-anxiety pills for the shaking and nerves feeling like they've been zapped. Everything nerve related weird. Temperature sensitivity, bladder, have severe depression. Starting Cymbalta tonight.

Think I may have MS...but so far hasn't been diagnbosed...but only one test for anything like this 10 months ago. Getting weaker in legs and arms and wrists, hands, ankles...you name it.

Look, I even cry at times. I feel as if I am being tortutred. Throw in financial ruin with credit ruined, 50,000 in debt, 10 calls a day, stressed out wife, can';t leave the house hardly. Man, what a life.
  3. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I try to keep an optimistic attitude but it is overwhelming at times.

Right now is one of those times for me.

I'm tired and feel alone in this. I want help but feel like no one really can. I'd love to go to a hospital for a while and be taken care of but I feel as though they wouldn't really help me either.

I know. It gets old fast.

I keep thinking I'm going to figure this out and get better. Then I fear I never will.

Sofi
  4. JanfromPortTownsend

JanfromPortTownsend New Member

It sure can be at best challenging and at worst completely overwhelming. I finally started Dr. Paul St. Amand's guaifenesin protocol and am feeling much, much better. Am starting to work again but taking it slow. I think it's also good to rule out Lyme disease as a lot of the symptoms are the same. For me the worst has been not having answers, having doctors basically be no help at all, and feeling on the bad days like my precious life is passing me by. Now that I am on the guai, I mark my calendar with the days that I feel good, so when I don't I can remind myself that it will change.

Big hugs to all the fibro buddies out there.
  5. kriket

kriket New Member

Yes. It can be almost unbearable. Yes, it is hard to plan anything cause you never know how your going to feel from day to day.

Kriket
  6. decrepitoldoot

decrepitoldoot New Member

I used to work two jobs and still work on the house. Today I cut two shelf boards and the pain in my back, shoulders and arms was too unbearable to go on. A massive thirty minutes work counting getting them out of the garage, measuring and cutting. Not to mention the two jobs are both history. That was all I did.
    It's really disgusting to go back and forth from pain to being depressed about what I used to be able to do.
    It doesn't help when the family doctor doesn't know much about this and all tests come back good. Maybe the latest doctor will be able to help when I see him.
  7. I guess I am just so tired and having a bad day. It seems like the good days are few and far between. It's just sometimes I look out the window and see everyone out and walking, dancing, living their life and here I am ludky 5o just walk to the mailbox or get the garbage cans at the end of the driveway on a good day. It's seems just not fair, and then I have my sister who complaining about every little hang nail like its a major problem. If only that were our problem.
    Gentle hugs to all of you.
  8. ellie5320

ellie5320 New Member

I went to my dr today as soon as I was in his room I was in tears I am not coping at present he has given me stronger pain meds and wants to send me for pain management I just want my life back I am feeling very sorry for myself even christmas is too hard this year
  9. Suzan

Suzan New Member

I just had a very rough stretch..and towards the end of it, Dh and I had a discussion going on where we were disagreeing...and I just broke down and said, "I am tired of being sick, I just am tired of overcoming this illness every single day of my life". And I cried like a baby! I was just feeling at the end of my rope with it all.
    But, if you ask me today...I seem to be out of that flare..and although life still isn't what it used to be..my attitude has improved..and I actually have a couple things I am looking foward to doing!

I know , of course, that my symptoms could appear..and I may have to cancel the activities I am looking forward to, but until it occurs...I am not going to worry about it! My husband is wonderful about "warning" people that I may not be able to make it at the last minute...And , although sometimes it hurts me...sometimes he goes without me. But I know that HE shouldn't have to give up his life, because at times I have to just rest.

I have learned to scale back my plans for anything..whether it be a day out of some sort...or just doing chores around the house. I do "brag" about what I get done in a day when my dh comes home from work. It helps remind me that I DO accomplish things..sometimes more than I realize! He is aware that there are days when I do virtually nothing all day as well, so he is always happy for me on the better days.

I also try to do at least one thing a day that brings me joy too. Sometimes it is just watching a tv show that I wanted to see...or when I can..doing some reading. Sometimes I call a friend...or do some cooking...or make bread...All things that bring me joy. I try to get outside for abit every day...even with the cold air that is around now. I bundle up and go out on the deck and just breathe deep for abit. I think it helps me . I do my best to make sure I eat well..and get pleasure from eating good healthy food. I do cook ahead when I have a good day too..so that I have things to eat when I have a bad day!

I really think part of managing any chronic illness is attitude adjustment. I didn't ask to be sick..that is for sure. But I can still move thru the world in a positive way..it is just different..and often SLOWER..than I used to!

I hope you feel more positive after reading all the posts!

10. krchamp

krchamp New Member

When I got married I didn't have a diagnosis, so, I didn't let my fiancee know that I had such severe health problems. He is a very sensitive man so he noticed anyway. After we got married, he pushed me to keep going to doctors until I found out what was going on.

I guess I miss a life I could have with him if I wasn't sick. We could go on vacations and I wouldn't have to spend some of our vacation days in bed. We could take day trips, etc. That is really hard for me to deal with because (even though he would never say anything) I feel like he is being cheated in a lot of ways.

I miss what I used to be able to do even though I have always been limited even before the diagnosis. I would always tire easily. Now I stay fatigued and achy. It just sucks.

My best friend and her husband just bought a house right next to me because she wants to be close to help me. I am very lucky to have a friend like her, but I hate that I won't be able to help her move in and decorate. She understands and I even get frustrated at that. She loves the house and it is beautiful but sometimes I wonder if I wasn't sick would she have picked that house. We have been close for years. So, she would sacrafice for me like that.

I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. No rest every makes me feel rested. No meds really work like they should. It is just a pain in the a$$. Well...and a pain in the neck, back, legs, head, well you get the point.

Frustrated,
    Kristi
    [This Message was Edited on 12/06/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 12/06/2006]
  11. tandy

tandy New Member

This disease has me ruined most days~
    Its a battle to even function like a normal person.

Housework is a nightmare.
    somedays I see something small that needs to picked up from the floor and I'll just kick it away cause I'm to darned tired AND SORE TO EVEN BEND OVER AND PICK IT UP!
    (oops,.. caps locked :) to tired to correct that too. LOL
    Its all I can do to muster up the energy to cook dinner.
    Your so right, "its tiring and frustrating'

we put up our tree yesterday and there it stands waiting for lights and decorations. I hope to get to it today, but its not looking promising~
    (if I don't laugh I'll cry)
    Your not alone fibrobutterfly~
    Hugs
    Tandy
  12. abcanada

abcanada New Member

Almost every yminute of every day!!!! Laura
  13. c_archer

c_archer New Member

I'm new to this site and god, reading everyone's messages makes me feel...like im not alone, i'll be 19 in 19 days and i have fibro, hashimoto's and arthritis. Needless to say one is enough, im trying to accept now that i'll never have a normal life, i get really scared sometimes that i'll miss out on the normal experiences people have. Its hard to miss what you never had though, its great to know that i'm not the only one feeling this way, i don't have to say it, but it's still good to hear, that a better day will come.
  14. Just knowing we are not alone dealing with this dd and that we can share our stories helps so much. Thanks again!