Does this mean I am "high"??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by razorqueen, Nov 7, 2006.

1. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

I've been on Oxy IR for a number of months now. It is working well for me.

I am taking 2.5 mgs 3xs/day (at4 hr intervals), and then take 5mgs at bed time.

Often when I take my 2.5 mgs, I have a feeling of well being, relaxed and sometimes talkative. It takes my pain away and all over feeling edginess.

Does this mean I am high? I sure hope not!

Raz
  2. tinktink

tinktink New Member

Hi Raz

I don't have the answer for you but here are my thoughts.

It relieves your pain and anxiety.... count your blessings.

Can you still function while on it? If you can that is great. Do you take more than you are prescribed. If you don't then I wouldn't worry about it.

Good Luck and Best Wishes Diana
  3. Kryssie

Kryssie New Member

Sounds like to me that since you feel better in general, you feel like talking, etc! I wouldnt worry about it too much. If you are *high* I think you would know. Good luck!
  4. chloeuk

chloeuk New Member

I believe that it is impossible to get a high from codeine based drugs...what I mean is that they dont make you feel like you are buzzing and happy...what they do do though is have a calming effect, you will find that if you do suffer with anxiety they will help...this is a sidxe effect though not because you are taking too much. I really wouldnt worry about it...its good to be aware of how meds make you feel and you may find that when you stop taking it you will notice that you are more emotional off of it.
  5. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

my friends! That makes me feel better. I wasn't really worried, persay, but, since I don't drink alcohol, and have never been "high" or drunk, I would ask this question.

My family and friends like it when I've taken one of my pain pills as it makes my talkative! lol, it is kinda funny. I often don't have much to say. I can easily do my daily living, driving and work etc with no problems what so ever.

I will just be thankful for this med then, and not sweat it!

Raz