Does this pattern mean anything

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by maps1, Aug 14, 2009.

1. maps1

maps1 Member

I have been doing amazingly well on 500mg clarithomycin, even though I have yet to have to see my llmd and the results of all his tests.

What has been happening for the last month is that every thursday afternoon I start to get very fatigued and by evening feel really bad, Friday is a total waste don't even get dressed. Fatigue, chills, sweats body pain, headache etc etc.

Has anyone else noticed any king of pattern in there symptoms.

regards
    maps
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi maps,

Those symptoms sound like babesiosis. A babesia infection usually cycles rapidly.

Fatigue, headaches and sweats are common symptoms of babesia infection.....see bottom of page 26 of Dr B's paper......

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf

Sorry you feel so bad every Thursday afternoon and Friday, but I am so elated that the other 5 1/2 days of the week you are feeling much better!!!

I think that is just amazing considering you haven't started your official treatment yet and have managed to get enough meds to achieve improvement.

You are doing a great job!!!

Take care,
    Nanie
  3. maps1

maps1 Member

Yes, I think you are right I did test positive for babs.

And yes, this is totally beyond my wildest dreams, obviously I am far from well, still lots of tingling, pain, noise sensitivity, neurological issues but I am up and running Yippie.

It is so unbelievable. In the last few weeks I have moved the fridge and stove to clean, cleaned out all of the kitchen cupboards, threw away loads of stuff.

Then I went to basement and brought up piles of stuff to be thrown out including two microwaves and endless empty boxes, even got rid of my sons hocky stick and ski's that have been down there for 20 years :) After ten years of not being able to do anything there is a lot to be done.

I don't think it is just the antibiotics I think all the stars lined up in the right order at the right time.

Some of the stars are:

-Getting a diagnosis relieved a lot of the anxiety and stress on my body
    -Three weeks of doxy helped
    -Then did the four weeks of intravenous vitamens
    -Then the clarithamycin which got rid of the abdominal and rib pain and also seemed to calm the central nervous system and my body was so much quiter.
    - Now I have been able to take good quality vitamens and absorb them and eat almost anything I want.

I can see the effects of the vitamens on my skin and hair, have lost that grey face look. So everything is building on the previous thing so hopefully more good things to come.

I hope you had a good vacation, I noticed your post regarding being able to travel more without pain, that is good. We have a family long weekend planned for August 28th, interested to see how different it will be for me this year.

Take care of yourself.

I so miss the prohealth boards, lymenet is really good but I don't feel the build up of frienships that we have here.

regards
    maps

4. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi maps,

You are welcome.

I am just so blown away by your improvements in a short amount of time!!!!

I would guess that you have bartonella also, based on symptoms.

I hope you enjoy your long family weekend tremendously!!!

Keep me updated when ever you can.

Continued improvements to you!!!!!

take care,

Nanie