Does this sight has spell check

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by charming, Oct 20, 2008.

1. charming

charming New Member

hello everyone:) I was just wondering about do you ever type words and forget how to spell them and get frustrated because you know other people are going to read them and you hope that they know what you are saying even though your spelling off. not to mention names but there is only one health board that has spell check before you submit your post or reply do you think that this site could get one?
  2. gapsych

gapsych New Member

My computer died last week, had to have a new drive put in, and have been learning many things while putting back some of the programs.

One thing I did learn was that the Google Tool Bar has a spell check function.

It works on formats just like this.

I had no idea you could put it on the tool bar.

I just have to remember to use it, LOL!!

Ah, sometimes change can lead to new skills!!

Hope this helps. It is easy to get a google account.

3. budmickl

budmickl New Member

Someone on this board talked about a spell check over a year ago and suggested using IESPELL. It is a free program that you can download off the net. For me, it is listed under 'tools' after it's installed.

I find it's invaluable! I use Google all the time, but I don't like the Google tool bar so I can't help you there. Just lookup and give it a try. You can always remove it if you find it's not working for you.

4. greatgran

greatgran Member

Spell the best you can we all have been there and can figure it out. I am the worst speller on the board can't figure out the google tool bar spell check, to much thinking for me.

We are not here to check spelling just comfort, venting and support.

Now, this is just my input.

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The worser I get at spelling. Thank goodness, spelling doesn't count here. I once wrote articles, edited others' work, and was a proofreader. I was proud of my spelling abilities. Now, without a spellcheck or dictionary, I'm lost. I don't worry about it here because we are all in the same boat and no one cares.

Love, Mikie
  6. charming

charming New Member

And I appreciate your opinions and I love all of you for being here and comforting everyone and I guess its just me with the fibro fog and things I like to keep my memory up cause I notice my body changing my eyes sight has changed from 20/24 vision and i see one letter or number then when I check again its not what I thought I saw .I uses my bladder more than usual and if I sneeze hard its oops! gota get a change of underwear if I don't have my poseys on .and I say if I ever become incompacitated let me keep my mind and my voice because I work in a hospital and I see things done to people that might not be what they want but other people make decisions for them because they cant speak or think . Like for an example this lady don't eat no appetite no voice and maybe no alertness but she keep taking her tube feeding out . she is in her 90's I think I know what she wants and thats to let the lord take her but she can't talk or think for herself so she become restrainted down to keep from pulling her feeding tube out . So I care if my spelling is descent and I care if my eyes are viewing because I know one day I am going to have to be inside a hospital as a patient and I want to agree and disagree with to what ever procedures the Dr. want to do I want to be able to read the concent papers befor I sign . I want my spelling to stay sharp and my mind if I have nothing else.