Does this sound life CFS???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CanBrit, Oct 5, 2006.

1. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

Last week I overdid it, painting my bedroom. Two days later I developed swollen glands in my neck and a really severe fatigue. It crashed me for two days. Very different from the FM/pain fatigue I usually get.

For those of you with CFS, do you get swollen glands with the fatigue? In the past few months, I've noticed that sometimes when the fatigue hits, I have swollen glands in different parts of my body. Sometimes the groin, sometimes the neck.

My Dr. redid all the blood work, and as usual nothing showed up. He says it's very common for FM people to have CFS and vice versa. Amazing how awful you can feel and your bloodwork say's your just perfect!!!

Regards,

Eileen

2. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

Sometimes this/these condition just makes you shake your head.

3. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I can not be around fresh paint the same thing happens to me.Swollen glands and stuff.Just like a BIG FM/CFS flair.
    My throat was raw for days after I'm around fresh paint.
    Cleaning products do the same thing to me.

I hope you feel better soon.
  4. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

I get swollen hurting glands in my neck whenever i start crashing. Also, had them near the arm pits in the early months of cfids.

Barb
  5. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

I do get swollen glands. Please try not to overdo it because this certainly sounds like CFS.

It is annoying to have tests say your normal. I just had a horrible incident a few weeks ago ended up in the ER. So far my bloodwork, CT scan, and MRI are all perfectly normal. I have a EEG scheduled I'm sure it will be normal too.

Take Care,
    Shar
  6. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I get swollen lymph nodes, run random fevers, swollen glands.. pretty much normal for a CFS flair. The fatigue is like someone pulled the plug.
    Many of us have both.
    My rhumie asked me to list my top 3 symptoms.. I told him fatigue, pain, cognitive function.. he listed me as CFS/Fibro is I had said pain first it would have been the oppostie. Someday there will be a test to validate us all.

Hugs,
    Dona