Does this sound like CFS? Please help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by brookeamy, May 22, 2006.

1. brookeamy

brookeamy New Member

Hello to all, im new here and i need some help. For the past 6 months i have had this fuzzy feeling in my head, an inability to sleep, lack of concentration, shaking legs (when standing on them), night sweats, general sweating, panic attacks, and just general exhaustion. I also get headaches and live on panadol. Please if anyone could tell me if this sounds like CFS i would appreciate your help so much. I have been diagnosed with Depression and an anxiety disorder, which i am being treated for, but i still feel the same. I feel like i'm imagining things. I also have tender, swollen lymph nodes in my neck. I have had a blood count and a thyroid test which came back clear.
    I am only 19 years old.
    Any help or advice would be great,
    Brooke
  2. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

3. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Hi, Brooke. I'm not licensed to advise you but I do know that with CFS blood work often comes back in normal ranges. Since CFS is currently diagnosed through a process of elimination, it takes a while to figure it out.

Find a good doctor, one who's at least familiar with CFS and doesn't think it's a mental illness, and work with them. Easier said than done, I know. Anxiety, night sweats, weakness, poor sleep, difficulties with concentration and thought processing..... well, actually everything you mention..... are symptoms of many things, CFS among them. If you're in a position to do so, check out of things for a while and rest, sleep, snooze, nap, eat well and try not to worry - another easier said than done thing.

Have they checked for Epstein Barr Virus?

Hugs,
    Marta
  4. jarjar

jarjar New Member

Often routine lab work can come back normal. My suggestions is to start ruling out what is causing you to be ill.
    Test that might be suggested are:
    Igenex lyme western blot
    HHV6 test
    mycoplasma test
    cytomeglavirus test

I'm not a doc just a sufferer for a long time. I wish someone would have pointed out these test to me when I became ill.

jar
  5. winsomme

winsomme New Member

it ceratinly does sound like CFS, but eventhough they are few and far between, there are some CFS Docs that can maybe begin to get to the bottom of this.

the one good thing amy be that you are still very early in your illness.

what region on the country are you in? maybe someone can direct you to one of the CFS Docs.

here are a few that i know about

Dr Peterson - Nevada
    Dr Levine - NYC
    Dr Chia - LA
    Dr Klimas - Miami
    Dr Lapp - NC
    Dr Cheney - NC

a couple in Chicago...

there are also the FFC center which there is a ton of info on here at this site and they are all over the country, and there are more CFS Docs that i have heard of depending where you are.

thanks
    bill