Does This Sound Like CFS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Jan 24, 2006.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

I actually had about 6 good days and then out of the blue I became so tired, chills, felt like I was coming down with the flu..felt so bad had to go to bed..but it only lasted about half a day..never before have I ever
    had only a half a day..Then another 3 good days and now here it is again same symptoms..I was fine one minute and then all of a sudden, headache, nausa, fatigue, chills, aches etc..but it isn't leaving. Now the anxiety/depression is surfacing..

Does anyone have come and go symptoms like this? Usually I have maybe 2 or 3 good days then a week in bed..Even on my good days I never feel good but much better than my days in bed..I am never sure when it will hit or how long it will last..Does this sound like cfs or something else..

Thanks,
    greatgran
  2. jane32

jane32 New Member

sounds totally like me. I suffered back and forth for 4 good months until it evened itself out. I am always fatigued but now every month I get the flu with fevers and chills for 10-12 days. I use to get sore throats but now that is better too.
  3. dreamharp

dreamharp New Member

Yes, it does sound like CFS. Fibro can start out that way
    also for some people. You might want to consider Dr. St.
    Amands Protocol (if interested) check his website out under
    guaidoc and check out the book at the library "What Your
    Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia Fatigue" by Dr.
    Paul ST. Amand MD. I know a few people that have reversed
    their illness quite a bit on this protocol.

Dreamharp

P.S. Anyone else in your family with symptoms like yours?
    Sometimes CFS turns into fibro-or vice versa from what I have
    read.
  4. greatgran

greatgran Member

I have been this way for 5 years but the last 2 have been the worse..It seems my good days are somewhat longer and my in bed days are shorter but I never know..

Supplements, vitimins etc. seem to make me worse so I have stopped taking anything except for bufferin and xanax..I have yet to get a definite Dx and that bothers me..
    I am waiting on an appt. with another rheumy..I saw one 3 yrs ago but he wasn't any help..

My husband stays very fatigued..He is a diabetic and has sleep apena which is the cause for his, so they say..He comes in from work, eats and by 7 or 8 pm he is in bed..We both need to exercise and have done so but it just makes me so much worse..Not with pain but the flu like symptoms, anxiety/depression..

I told my husband it has something to do with our house..We had been here about a yr when we both became so lazy as we put it..It is a new house but honestly I feel better on days I can get out..He thinks I have flipped when I mention it..guess I am grasping for anything...

Thanks for your replies to my post..
    greatgran

5. dreamharp

dreamharp New Member

greatgran, perhaps your house is playing a role in making
    you sick. (toxic mold) Just a thought. I know you had
    mentioned sinus problems. Also,the protocol by Dr. St. Amand
    involves no vitamins. You take guaifenisen that pulls out
    phosphates and possibly toxins out of your tissues. It
    will help thin mucous. At times this has helped me a lot.
    I had a flu that set me back but I am getting better now.

Don't leave any stone unturned and keep researching and
    seeing doctors. What else can we do?

Do you use any air cleaners in the home?

Dreamharp
  6. sues1

sues1 New Member

Carpeting sometimes creates problems,and houses that do not "breath". Many things.

I have helped some of my problems by drinking Pedilite. The sinus and so forth problems and cause dehydration. Also can drink Gatorade. Just try and see if you find any difference.

Also check on Acid Reflux. Sometimes we do not know we have it and it can create these type of problems which aggravates the sinus, etc.

My DH has sleep apenea. Sometimes you have to go back for them to check the machine (if he has it) and run another study on him. His mask might be leaking or the machine might need adjusted. It can make a tremendous difference, gives there lives back again.

Hope you find a answer......
  7. greatgran

greatgran Member

I did read about Dr. Amand and the guaci. treatment..Does this work with CFS? I plan to do more reading on it today..

As far as the house, we do not have carpet
    have hardwood floors and since we have been here my husband's allergies are so much better..I really don't think its the house..Our furnishings are still the same and no mold..I just think of everything..
    Maybe it just helps my depression getting out, when I go out its usually on one of my good days..

I drink a lot of water haven't tried the gatoraid because of the sugar in it but may give it a try.

My husband just had his cpap machine checked it was fine..Maybe we are just getting old and lazy..I know our diet and exercise could improve..

Thanks for all your help,
    greatgran

8. dreamharp

dreamharp New Member

Dr. St. Amand believes CFS and fibro are the same ball of
    wax. My mother started out with CFS then it turned into
    fibro. She never had pain for years. Then gradually the
    pain started coming with lumps and bumps. She has been
    on the guai protocol longer than I have and she has better days and her lumps and bumps are gone!

The depression,anxiety and apathy are very much of the disease. (for most)

Dreamharp

9. greatgran

greatgran Member

Exactly what is the gaui protocol? I haven't got around to reading about it..
    According to my labs, (c-reactive protein)
    I do have a lot of inflammation in by body would the protocol help with inflammation?..

Thanks for all your input, sure is the pits that the anxiety/depression goes with this..

greatgran
  10. dreamharp

dreamharp New Member

Just go to the guaidoc website and it explains everything.
    Also, check out the search section and see the written posts
    about guaifenisen. You take guaifenisen at a dose starting
    out at 300mg. twice a day (long acting/short acting)and
    remove all salicylates that are found in some of your
    cosmetics etc. and find other products to replace because
    salicylates will block the guai-preventing it from reversing
    your symptoms.

The guaifenisen opens the kidneys to pull out phosphates and
    probably toxins out of the muscles and tissues. When the
    phosphates have built up, Dr. St. Amand claims this is a
    large part in making us sick with many symptoms. The cells
    are affected energy wise etc. The mitochondria is involved.
    Such as when you exercise you feel worse. To really understand it you need to read the site and the book.

Dreamharp
    [This Message was Edited on 01/25/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 01/25/2006]

[ advertisement ]