Does This Sound Like Fibro Pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Mar 26, 2009.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

I have had many body aches and the fatigue is horrible which I contribute to my cfs but yesterday I had horrible pain aches, not sure what is going on. My activity has been light. I did go to the doc Tuesday and Tues. night the greatgrans spend the night but my daughter picked them up early so no problem except I just didn't feel right, which again comes and goes with me. Even my daughter told me I didn't look well.

On my doctor's visit Tues. she did tell me my neck glands were enlarged and my eyes were droopy so gave me an antibiotic (thinks it could be sinus) and renewed my rx for xanax and that was it.

Now, to my pain experience, around 9 am my legs from my thighs to knees were aching terrible
    so took my bufferin and xanax but they just kept getting worse, by noon by whole body was aching and the fatigue was bad so to bed I go. The pain was in my shoulders, back, head but my legs were killing me. I felt nauseaous I couldn't do a thing but to go to the bathroom when necessary and moan and groan. Thank goodness I was alone so no one heard me. When my husband came home I did manage to get into the tub for a hot soak but that didn't help. I finally went to sleep around 11 and the aches have eased off but I still have them but nothing like the aches I had yesterday.

Since I have never had this much achiness I am not sure if it is fibro, now with cfs I do ache but never like I did yesterday. So today I am staying in and doing nothing. The rest seemed to help but just wondering if this sounds like fibro.

Thanks for any input,
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

Hi Greatgran

Could you be in a flare? Mine sometimes delay until a day or so after activity. you may not think you did much(anymore it takes very little for me) but a docs appt then gkids that night is alot.

Glands swell with CFS. From what you describe sounds like my fibro/cfs symptoms. hows weather? We've been hit with winter again and Iam in h@@ll. Probably going to miss my gdaughters 15th b-day.

hope you feel better--oh why no pain meds?
  3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

That's how my legs are all the time - HORRIBLE aches - when it's at it's worse, I have what feels like bone pain. Moaning and groaning just comes with it cause ya can't help it!

Try a heating pad on your legs. If you can lay on the couch (or bed), put a pillow under your knees and the heating pad where the aches are the worst.

My husband has to rub my legs for me often. I don't know if it helps the pain as much as diverting the feeling from pain to pleasure for a moment. (taking my mind off of it for a moment)

I'm sorry you're hurting - it really is hard.
  4. greatgran

greatgran Member

3gs, I am not sure guess it was a flare I just never had it that bad.. Its just the aches to the bone pain in my legs. I just don't know what I have or had as I doubt my dx so often.

Oh, the weather has turned cold and it was pouring the rain.

I just can't beleive you can feel so bad and nothing can be done.. Its so disablining and devastating.

Oh, I have tried to do this without pain meds . My doc gave me darvocet about a year ago so guess its time to try them. I just wish I could find one that would take the pain away and not make me so drousy. I have tried Anaprox, Lyrica, and Neurotin . I couldn't tolerate the Lyrica or Neurotin because of side effects and they didn't help. The anaprox did nothing but upset my stomach.

Thanks and God bless,
  5. greatgran

greatgran Member

What do you take for your pain? Do you have the leg aches everyday, are you active? I lay in bed a lot . Seems rest and waiting it out is the only choice I have, then to get up and do then the same thing a day or two later. My activity is almost 0 so not sure what is going on. The doc says fibro and I don't need any more test.

Sorry, you suffer with this, its misery.

God BLess,
  6. greatgran

greatgran Member

I have had my thyroid antibodies checked and was checked for Hashimoto's . In fact I had a doc that was sure it was my thyroid that he was going to try me on thyroid meds but after the blood work all came back perfect, he just wouldn't..

Thanks for all your good advice,