Does this sound like Fibro?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Sep 7, 2005.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

I have been in misery with CFIDS, the flu feeling, aches, horrible fatigue and the feeling I have just been run over by a truck and having to stay in bed for days...

On my last visit to my doc she did the tender point test and says fibro also. I have read how most of you feel with the pain of fibro
    but mine seems different or maybe it isn't..

My pain is not in the muscle or tendons it seems in my bones..I have deep achy pain from my neck to my ankles but it seems its bone pain and there is a sorness..If you touch me in certain places its hurts but more like a sorness..Oh if I overdo I ache all over just a deep throbing bone ache and sorness..Does this sound like fibro?

Its so different than how I feel when the cfs sets in, the cfs is much worse cause I have the pain plus all the other symptoms..

Thanks for your input.
    Phyl
  2. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

My fibro pain is like a bruised feeling although sometimes the sore spots hurt without touching them, like throbbing. The pain is not sharp for me, but dull, like an ache.

Sonya
  3. elsa

elsa New Member

I'm sorry to say this, but I agree with your doctor. In
    really bad days and during the cold , damp winter it feels like I have a bone disease instead of muscle and soft tissue illness.

It was the most scary for me when I first started having fibro symptoms.

I too was diagnosed with CFS first and then the fibromyalgia rx came about later.

I'm sorry you have the added burden of fibro, but at
    least you are not alone in this.

Hugs,

Elsa
  4. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

I actually thought I could have bone cancer before I was diagnosed.

My bones ached so deeply, and it hurt so much to even touch my skin sometimes that I would just curl up and cry!

As you progress and read the other's stories here, you'll realize that we're all very different, even though we have that common thread of FMS. We all have little things that make us totally different from the 'typical' fibro symptoms.

Good luck and please let us know how you're doing, ok? God bless you! PG
  5. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Phyl:

I have both disorders and for myself can say I hurt all over. My entire body. (Some days are better than others)
    I hope you feel better soon.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  6. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I asked my rheumatologist why the bones in my elbows were hurting so much and he said "What do you think the muscles are attached to". Good point I thought.

I have the same soreness. They tested me for bone cancer as well before being diagnosed with FMS. The weather changes make it ten times worse.

My family dr just put me on Norflex as well as my pain meds and I feel a lot better.

Eileen
  7. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

and I also feel as if it is a deep achy feeling in my bones and deep in my joints. And winter is the worst for me and as we approach winter with the mornings being so cool. I dread it.
    My Fibro seems to have settled mostly in my neck and shoulder areas, but at times I ache everywhere.
  8. justlooking

justlooking New Member

I've been diagnosed with both too and I agree with you and the others, my pain is not superficial, it is VERY deep and feel like my bones ache.

Don't get me wrong my muscles hurt to the touch too, but what really is the most difficult is the deep pain. That's the pain which is hardest to deal with. I have pain everyday, 24/7 but the deep pain usually only comes during one of my "crashes or flares". Its terrible and usually comes with bone crushing fatigue and the feeling like I am really going to die and I'm not being dramatic :)

Those are the times I question my diagnosis because there are people with FM who either don't have the same type of pain or its not as bad, because this knocks me down for weeks or months at a time and I can't do anything.

Sincerely
    JL
  9. greatgran

greatgran Member

Thank you for your replies..It was the deep bone aches that puzzled me.. I had never thought of the muscle being attached to the bone..Must be the fibro fog.lol. When I overdo it is so much worse..First the cfs now the fibro..

Its so good to have you that can relate..

God Bless