Does this sound like gastritis?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meowchowchow, Sep 10, 2005.

1. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

For the past week I've been miserable. My stomach is hurting - it's like a burning, gnawing, every once in a while stabbing pain that radiates to my back. I'm nauseated and have no appetite. I haven't actually thrown up but have been close and my stools are loose.

I'm also on an antibiotic for a sinus infection.

Thanks,
    Meow
  2. acesk

acesk New Member

It could be gastritis, it could also be gall bladder. It could also be a side effect from the antibiotic.
    Call your doctor and get the antibiotic changed. If that doesn't help, please get checked out.

Sue in Florida
  3. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

From what you are saying, it could be from the antibiotic. How much longer do you have to stay on it? They can cause stomach pain and loose stools or even diarrhea.

You probably should call your doc tomorrow and let them know you are having these symptoms. They might want you to continue the med if you only have a few more days or to get on another med.

Some of the OTC stomach acid meds like Pepcid can help with some of the pain possibly.

The doc should probably know what is going on anyway. I hope you'll feel better.

Hugs,
    Faye
  4. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

I didn't know antibiotics could make your stomach hurt. She told me that I would probably have "loose" stools. I only have 1 day to go and thnk I might skip my last day. I can't handle this. thanks...
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

I agree,...I don't think the antibiotic would cause 'stomach pain',...
    Diareah yes.
    But not accual pains in your tummy~
    I'd keep an eye out,... see if your symptoms improve in a day or 2.
    could have been just a bug?
    If it continues,,...call your drs. office.
    I get this same feeling alot with IBS.
    (weekly!) I hate it,... and I've spent good money on different things I thought would help. Nothing!
    maybe a slight feeling better but nothing to brag about.
    Best of luck~
    I hope your feeling mush better today~
    Hugs
    Tandy