does this sound like part of FM or something else?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sweetbeatlvr, Dec 13, 2009.

1. sweetbeatlvr

sweetbeatlvr New Member

i've had sdomething new happening and not sure if it's FM or maybe something else is wrong. i was wondering if i could get some feedback?

lately, a few times when i've gone to step down on my left foot, i get an extremely sharp pain in it, that drops to me to my knees and makes me scream. it hurts for a few moments, then goes away. it does not happen every time i step down and does not hurt constantly, although i can feel something in there, not sure what? it almost feels like my ankle is breaking when it happens.

i don't have insurance, so i can't just run to the doctor to find out.

if it keeps happening, i may have to go to the urgent care center or something.

just wondering if any fm'ers have a had a similar feeling, or if maybe it's something else?

thanks in advance.
  2. ANGELEO728

ANGELEO728 New Member

I went to the urgent care and they took an xray and nothing was wrong with my bones.. I told my doc and he said it was because I am flat footed and need to wear a really good supportive shoe all the time.. I also have Morton's Neuroma, which is a painful condition caused by the nerves in the pad of my foot near my middle toes.. you can look this up and see if this may be what you are having... I have also had a very sharp pain in the rear of my foot near my achilles tendon and ankle several times and it hurts so bad and suddenly that I cry out in pain from it... I have very weak ankles and they give out on me daily...
    I guess all around, I just have poor foot structure and I am overweight which of course doesn't help...
    My doc recently put me on Meloxicam (7.5 mg daily) and it has helped tremendously with my foot pain... It is for arthritis which I am not dx'd with but it has helped...
    Not sure if it's FM related but it hurts no matter what and you should talk with your doc... If we can't walk or stand then the pain gets worse with the FM... we have to keep moving so we don't seize up!!!

Peace and Blessings...
  3. DazedAndSpacey

DazedAndSpacey New Member

I was diagnosed with Plantar Fasciitis about a year and a half ago. I had really bad pain in my right foot that was primarily in my heel. It was horrible.

So she was going to have me sleep with a leg brace on to keep my foot in an upward position, but I have too much trouble sleeping as it was. So my insurance paid for the customized insoles. I'm not 100%, but I am a lot better.

I was asked to try to the OTC insoles, but I have such a slim foot I didn't even want to waste my money. So I'd say that may be a good route for you?

Here's a link to WebMD that may help you determine if this is your:

I hope it helps you!
  4. goodguess25

goodguess25 New Member

I can't rember much but I noticed my leg muscle was extremly tight. Once I got my leg unwound some what it finally quite I went through 2 weeks I would not put any pressure on my foot never went to the doctor though like you I am unisured.