Does Trazadone cause weight gain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fivesue, Sep 9, 2005.

1. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I was just reading the post on Trazadone, and it sounds like it works really well for sleep...boy, do I need something to sleep.

But, does it cause weight gain? I have gained so much weight since all of this stuff started eight years ago that I just can't stand it and I can't imagine if I gain more. I hate looking at pictures of myself.

But, I would like to try it if it at least doesn't cause more gain...staying the same isn't great, but no more gaining.

Thanks for bringing up this drug. Any response is welcome.

Hugs,
    Sue
  2. Empower

Empower New Member

3. yuckie

yuckie New Member

I was on it for about 2 weeks and gained 5 pounds. It didn't help much in the sleep department for me either so I went off of it. Doxepin was great for sleep but gave me horrible constipation and also weight gain. I too could use a good sleep aid but am not on anything right now. Good Luck.
  4. elsa

elsa New Member

Hi Sue,

I was on it quite a few years ago ( before FM )
    for sleep. I didn't sleep well with it. I was very tired and felt sleepy, but then couldn't sleep or had nightmares.
    It also packed on lbs., I'm sorry to say. When I started
    acting really dopey during the day is when I called it quits.

Take care,

Elsa
  5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Thanks, Elsa and Yuckie (what is your name...I feel awful calling someone that! (-: ),

I had a feeling it did cause weight gain because it is in the same category as Neurotin and the others. So, that is a no go for me! I have a hard time keeping pills working for me, and I have a high tolerance so I either have to take a bunch or they just don't work. So, I don't want to take a bunch of Traz. and gain a bunch of weight!

I really appreciate you input. We have to stick together...

Sue