Does undenatured whey protein have gluten and Lactose?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by swedeboy, Jan 28, 2007.

1. swedeboy

swedeboy Member

I am wondering if undenatured whey protein has gluten and or Lactose in it? I don't think it has gluten in it, but it is made from milk so is it sutable for Lactose intolerate people.

On Pro Healths store it said its undenatured whey protein was tested at the Cheney clinic. And Cheney promotes eliminating dairy and gluten, so I wonder then if undenatured whey protein does not contain lactose, or is it some how "dairy free" despite its origins from milk.

Peaced and Love, Sean :)
  2. Catseye

Catseye Member

The problem is the casein, in my case. I can't take this more than once in awhile or I get a red face and feel bad. It's the milk proteins that bother me. I use whey protein pills in my purse for emergencies when I get stuck far from home and can't get anything good to eat.

I have the Prohealth stuff and I really like it, but same thing. I have to use a small amount and very infrequently or the milk proteins get to me. Their ImmunPlex is supposed to be suitable for lactose intolerant people.

best wishes,

karen

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

On the ImmunPlex, there are several ingredients which start with "lacto." I don't know whether these would cause problems or not.

Love, Mikie
  4. cbs1234

cbs1234 New Member

Can't touch the stuff. I am lactose intolerant and whey gives me bloody diarrhea. Must be the casein.