Does water make a difference?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Adl123, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Hello,

I think the type of water one drinks really makes a difference, and here's why:

When I was diagnosed in 1993, my Dr. told me to drink only mountain spring water. I did that until 2 years ago, when water went up to $1.59 a gallon and I wanted something cheaper. The health food store sold reversed osmosis water for 35 cents a gallon, and I had been told that it was the best kind of purified water one coud get. So, I purchased the bottles that don't leach chemicals at almost $5,each,and I've been dringing that.

Now, a few months ago, I got too sick to drive all the way to the health food store (it's in another town), so I reverted to the Mountain spring water (Alhambra, to be specific) and GUESS WHAT? I feel a whole lot better. I'm stronger, I have more energy, and my fibro pain is less. I guess I need the minerals that are in the mountain water.

So. I'm sticking to what my Dr. said, even if it is expensive. I guess she knew what she was talking about.

I'm writing this just in case anyone can find it useful. When you think of it, 70 ouunces of the wrong kind of water every day could make a difference, couldn't it?

Hugs,
    Terry
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

You are so right about the kind of water. I have been drinking Evian water for over 3 years now, and it has truly helped with my over all health, and especially with my sinus attacks, headaches, and allergies. I drink about 70 ounces a day too.

It has helped with my over all health as well as the above.

Keep drinking your water!

Shalom, Shirl
  3. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

Dear Terry

I agree with you totally re. the effect that different types of water can have on our system. I had a under sink filter system put in on the recommendation of my doctor after I was hospitalized for a guiardia infection that I picked up from out city water. Officially, we do not have this bacteria in our town water - but that is because our council does not test for it - so it cannot test positive, if it is not tested. That makes sense? Now our state government is introducing flouride into all water supplies, so I am going to have to investigate updating my filter system yet again.
  4. buddylee

buddylee New Member

My 15 year old son refuses to drink water. I've gotten to get him flaverd water once an awile. It too much money .
    He will drink every thing else in the house . I've seen him take out a 1 gal. of grape juice in 1 nite.
    I've had too many talks with him. I'm at my wits end with this boy.
  5. keke466

keke466 New Member

I have never been a water drinker. For years all I drank was coke or dr pepper. About 2 yrs. ago I decided I better learn because I was constantly getting uti's. I've found only one kind that I like and funny but it is from the dollar store. I buy the large bottles,1 quart,Nestles Pure Life,which says it's natural spring water. They are .50 each. I buy them in a case of 12 for 6.00 and I refill the small bottles to carry to work. I'm kinda picky when it comes to food and drink. For some reason the small bottles of the same brand taste different than the large bottles so I get a few small bottles and pour it out and refill from the larger ones. How stupid is this. I know it sounds stupid but can't help it. Lol.. Anyone else like this brand?
    Keke
  6. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

We have lived in a lot of different areas/countries and the water quality has been amazing .. when we came back to Canada we slipped into the big bottled water with the cooler ..first it was Crystal Spring then we switched to Culligan due to distribution problems .. we used to pick the bottles up ourselves, then both of us threw in the towel and had it delivered .. it is great to have the choice of room temperature or chilled water out of the cooler .. I think good water does make a heck of a difference .. sometimes I feel guilty about spending money on "water" but I consider it therapy ? now haha
    Fudge : )
  7. learning2live

learning2live New Member

My all time favorite bottled water is LeBleu bottled water. My grandmother has well/spring water and it is so cold and good. lol

I've read a lot about only drinking distilled water, so that's what I've been buying for DH and me to drink. It's .99 for a gallon, but I'd rather drink LeBleu. Is there REALLY a difference?
  8. motomom412

motomom412 New Member

I can tell a difference in the way water tastes. I will not drink tap water, never would. You should not drink anything with flouride in it. I mostly drink Dasani, but my favorite is Fiji (it's quite expensive).

Regene
  9. Kat_in_Texas

Kat_in_Texas New Member

I know the importance of drinking water but I am just NOT a water drinker. I can't really put my finger on why, I just don't like it. I do drink water when we go out to dinner, but at home I don't drink liquids of any sort with a meal. I'm not much of a soda person either, maybe a couple a week at lunchtime, but I do love my coffee! I drink about 4 cups of coffee throughout the day (always decaf after noon!).

Including the water I drink to take meds, my intake is maybe 20 ounces total - FOR THE WEEK! Does anyone have any suggestions to get me more motivated to drink more water? You'd think the simple fact that it would make me feel better would be enough, but I still dislike water so much that I just can't force myself to do it!

Kat
  10. motomom412

motomom412 New Member

I can only drink water when I'm real thirsty, otherwise I can not bring myself to drink it. I'm a cola person, I've cut back quite a bit but I need to cut it out altogether.

My only suggestion is to find a water that taste good to you, believe me there is a difference, and just try to incorporate it in. I have to really focus on doing this, because I'm so easily distracted.

Regene
  11. Aberlaine

Aberlaine Member

I have a Pur Water Filter attached to my kitchen faucet. I've been using it for years (replacing the filter when necessary). Any comments on the use of this? Better/worse than bottled water?
  12. jennypee

jennypee New Member

I love North Idaho water! It tastes cleaner and more fresh than the fanciest bottled water. When I first moved to Spokane I had a hard time getting used to the water flavor, so on every trip to Idaho I'd insist that my mom bring empty milk jugs to fill and tote home. At 10!

I was never really into soda. I wanted to like it because every other kid in the world did, but it was just too sweet.

Now I use the walmart brand water, for 50 cents a gallon. Much better than nasty old tapwater.
  13. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I'm going to post something that I posted about 1 month ago on this topic for you. The title is, "About distilled water versus other types of water for drinking."

Please look for it in a few minutes. I hope that it helps you and some others who wonder about this issue.

Jeannette
  14. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

About the importance of drinking water - not only is it good for the complexion and for general health, but, if you are a diabetic it can keep your blood loose enough to help prevent a stroke. That is why my Dr. absolutely insisted that I drink at least 70 ounces a day.

Have you ever tried a little lemon or lime juice in your water? maybe that would make it pallatable for you.

Good luck.

I understand how hard it is. I have trouble drinking all that water, myself, in the winter, when I'm not hot or thirsty. I try to solve that by making sugar free lemonade and by drinkng caffeine free, herbal teas. Kind of cheating.
    :)

Terry