Does weather affect FM and/or CFS??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by OmShanti, Jun 4, 2003.

1. OmShanti

OmShanti New Member

This is why I'm curious...This morning was actually ok for me, got to work, everything was semi-normal...then about an hour later i felt this wave of exhaustion just rush over and seem to envelope me. i could barely keep my eyes open and my head up. i felt horrible all of a sudden and wasn't sure if I'd make it through the whole day if the symptoms that were coming on persisted. then a couple hours later it seemed to subside and i was ok again.
    i then found out that during that hour or so that i was experiencing such exhaustion, it had been raining outside...i guess it only rained for a little bit and then cleared up. i'm just wondering if there's maybe a connection? probably just a fluke. has anyone else noticed this?
  2. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

Thanks for the nice email.

Cold and damp weather is the worst for me. It affects me a lot pain and exhaustion wise.

Try this. See if you can eat some protein throughout your day. Keep those cheese sticks from the dairy case on hand . You may be having a blood sugar problem. I saw someone write the other day that she eats nine times a day and has mostly protein and it has helped her.
    I don't know if this will help but it is worth a try. I am going to try it too.
    Take care
  3. 101247

101247 New Member

Hi Josette,
    My name is Alan and i too live in the UK, must say i've never cosidered the weather affecting F/M I'll have to check that out.
    At the moment i live on painkillers,After 18 years of this awful thing my doctor has given up on me and i just get repeat prescriptions for Codeine phosphate tablets which help with the pain but leave me feeling drugged all day.
    As i've only been online for a couple of months i'm still trying to get tips and opinions from others,can you offer any help?
    REGARDS AL
  4. dsames

dsames New Member

YES Rain and damp cold weather definitely affects me. I long to see hot weather because I feel so much better than, more energy, and less pain.
    Hope you are feeling better now.
    Shirley
  5. IacheIache

IacheIache New Member

Has anyone followed the Barometric pressure regarding Fibro aches and Pain??
    I downloaded the ""WeatherBug"" almost a year ago.
    I watch the pressure everyday. It seems to me that when it starts falling I am aching worse. Body Aching just awful is one of my main complaints.
    So... I was just wondering, besides, of course, the rain and the humidity, excessive cold, and excessive warm, the pressure.
    It's not to hard to follow if you can get the Bug.
    I would be very interested to hear from anyone else experiencing problems with the pressure.
    ~Thea~
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We have posted on this in the past and if you would like to read those posts, just do a search on rain or weather and it will bring up those old posts.

Love, Mikie
  7. devanier

devanier New Member

I got that name from my neighbor because she can tell what the weather going to be like by watch me.if am in a limb and slow move she know probably rain,if she call to see how i'm doing,by my voice she tell am in alot of pain,she say it's going to be cold day.etc. i think it's kind of funny.
  8. Spoonerpaws

Spoonerpaws New Member

ABSOLUTELY!

Here in Pennsylvania we are going through many days of rain and I always feel awful when it does.

Headache, can't move, exhaustion. On warm sunny days, I usually feel better
  9. jka

jka New Member

both the heat and cold really bother me.i can also tell when a storm is coming in.i start to feel strange.get headaches,hurt all over.

kathy c