Does your neck get red?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Adl123, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Hello All,
    I've been wanting to ask this for a long time, and I keep forgetting.

My neck gets dark and red from my chin to about half way to the bottom of myh neck. My students thought it was a makeup lne, and that is exactly what it looks like, but there isn't an makeup there. This started wen I first got CFIDS.

Anyone know what that is,? My Dr. surely doesn't! Any ideas of how to get rid of it, besides covering it with makeup?

Thanks,
    Terry
  2. kimtheartist

kimtheartist New Member

I had this symptom too! I went to the ER with severe chest/body pains (thought it was a heart attack). This after a year of undiagnosed pains....

The doc said he didn't know what was wrong with me but I was not having a heart attack. The NURSE looked at my red neck and said "I'm surprised you haven't been diagnosed with LYme disease." I told her that my lyme tests always came out negative.

Then I learned about lyme tests. They are only 30% accurate! Lyme should be treated clinically based on symptoms by an expert. I later got a highly sensitive test through Stonybrook, LI (paid out of pocket). Came back positive for active infection. The best lab is Igenex in CA.

Find a lyme doctor on flash.lymenet.org and get tested. Don't rely on your PCP or RHum or Neruo...I did and they don't know a lot about lyme. It is a growing epedemic and very hot political issue.

Best of luck in your journey for truth