does zoloft make anxiety worse?

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by lanieruth, Nov 17, 2003.

1. lanieruth

lanieruth New Member

Hi, I just started taking Zoloft 3 days ago. I started with 25mgs. To much. Cut it in half. Feel like something is happening in my brain. Feel nervous alot. Does this go away? I heard it gets worse before it gets better. Need advice. Thank you....
  2. luann_d29

luann_d29 New Member

I noticed recently that ads on TV for Zoloft are making claims to decreasing anxiety. I am on Paxil (60mgs.) because my psychiatrist believes that Paxil is the only antidepressant that treats depression and anxiety equally. He said that Zoloft, Prozac, etc. are used exclusively for depression, not for a combination of anxiety and depression. Personally, if you suffer with depression with anxiety, I would request my doc to switch me to Paxil as soon as possible. It really works wonders for me.
  3. GirlRacer

GirlRacer New Member

Hye, I have lots of problems with anxiety they only started getting worse once i started taking anti depressants, my advice is to try and stay away from tablets im trying at the mo to help myself and it is actually working, that first week when i started anti depressants was the worst panic attacks every 5 mins for one week it ruined me but it does get a lot better!!!!
  4. catinmo

catinmo New Member

Hi, I've been on Zoloft for about 6 months now. I felt a difference too, I noticed that sometimes I got extremely anxious on it. But it gets less and less. Good luck