Dog gone dog!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KYRock, Sep 20, 2002.

1. KYRock

KYRock New Member

On top of being exhausted and the pain, dang dog had to give me the chain! I was chaining one of the hounds back up today, she decided she wanted to come the same way I was.
    Chain caught me across the lower part of my leg. I saw stars! Leg is bruised and swollen and hurts like crazy.
    Pain is going into my ankle too. Don't we just have the best of luck? I just hope it don't have a hairline fracture or something. I had a nurse to tell me that I should probably get it x-rayed. What do you guys think? Sorry for venting tonight. just had to get it out!
  2. KYRock

KYRock New Member

On top of being exhausted and the pain, dang dog had to give me the chain! I was chaining one of the hounds back up today, she decided she wanted to come the same way I was.
    Chain caught me across the lower part of my leg. I saw stars! Leg is bruised and swollen and hurts like crazy.
    Pain is going into my ankle too. Don't we just have the best of luck? I just hope it don't have a hairline fracture or something. I had a nurse to tell me that I should probably get it x-rayed. What do you guys think? Sorry for venting tonight. just had to get it out!
  3. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I think that you should march on in and get that xray done, as you will at least know that there isn't a fracture. Keep ice on it. My dogs get me all tied up from time to time. And speaking of luck, I'm sure that I'm not the only one here that almost always miscalculates the turn down the hall or wherever you're walking and you slam your shoulder, or hip, stub your toe, hit your head. Does it ever end??? I'm a terrible clutz....dolsgirl
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Fractures which don't heal right become long-term problems for even "normal" people. It's not worth taking chances. Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  5. montana

montana New Member

Sounds like your dog likes to be chained up about as much as you would.
  6. chrissy

chrissy New Member

wouldn't it be nicer for your dogs and for you if you kept them in an enclosed yard instead of keeping them chained up ?
  7. KYRock

KYRock New Member

For your info. this dog is a coonhound. She can't run loose
    all the time. We have 5 kennels and we keep one dog tied at a time. We rotate them. We take better care of our dogs than most people do their kids. She just wanted loose so she could get to a cat. I don't think we would want that. So if you don't know all the facts about something just keep it to yourself. I have enough people judging my life already without that kind of crap too.
  8. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

We've got three dogs and treat them better than people that come to visit us. That's because we love them so much. We have a fenced back yard, but quite often, they like to go out into the FRONT yard and PEE on all the bushes and trees. We have a real nice setup something like a clothesline running the length of the house that they are hooked to. Nothing wrong with tieing up a dog for a little bit! Ours sure don't mind.

Marilyn :)
  9. chrissy

chrissy New Member

ok Kiro, I admit I have a hair trigger response when it comes to APPARENT mistreatment of animals. I guess I've been watching too much of "Animal Planet" lately with my 2 dogs(who have their own futon and doggie house and have the run of the house and backyard.) But you are right, if they are coons, from what I know they are high energy and used for hunting or retrieving, not for lounging on a couch. I apologize.
  10. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

I'm going to out-do you on this one! Our dogs don't have their own futon....they have taken over our bed! If we ever did get them their own futon, they'd never use it. Where we are, they are!

Marilyn :)
  11. Shirl

Shirl New Member

It is so nice to see you all got this one sorted out before I saw it!

I am also a dog lover, have been hurt many times dealing with the furry guys, and know how it feels.

If that Hurricane comes to Louisiaia I will have five of them sharing the house, all in kennels, its kennel them or leave them in the weather!

Fortunately my husband is home, so just maybe it will all work out without any broken bones around here!

I had a dog that had to be kept on a run, he jumped fences, eight foot, and he just flew over it like it wasn't there! He spent his days on the 50' run, and his nights in the house.

Take care, and get that foot checked out. I had a splinted bone in my big toe years ago from a 100lb. German Shepard who was dead bent on getting a cat while I was walking him, he jumped over a stump in the yard, my toe hit it! I didn't let go of the leash, the cat and dog was fine, my toe gave me pain for a year afterwards!

Thats the price of loving animals.

Shalom, Shirl