Dog lovers, iI just found 2 more bumps!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by claudiaw, Mar 1, 2008.

1. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I first posted so you could se his picture on my bio. for those who have been praying for us w/his cancer surgery. Now I'm in that panic mode again.

I was finally able to download his picture.

he's such a good boy, he let me hang a stocking on his neck, and posed.:)

I pray the 3rd surgery is the charm.:)

thanks for .listening to all my rambling's, but I'm still worried about the cancer staying away, although I'm trying to stay positive that it's gone and wll stay gone, and just enjoy his snuggles.;)

Claudia and max
    [This Message was Edited on 03/01/2008]
  2. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

and i really think he feels the same about me.:) he's so sweet, like I said he never leaves me, he just snuggles. I should have named him that.

that would be funny to be outside calling for snuggles and see him coming running out.:)

he's good about everything, taking his vitamins and med's, I think he know's I'm trying to help him.

I really pray he stay's healthy.

i'm trying these chinese herbs by this famous vet in N.Y., I still don't know how I'm going to get the extra $, But I'm going to give it a try.

I'm praying he's healed once and for all, but want to do anything extra i can that might help.

thanks again,

3. ckball

ckball New Member

Oh what a sweet boy you have, you are very lucky to have each other.

I understand how you feel about taking care of them. I live alone with my 2 girls and sometimes they are the only reason I have to get up.

But the moment I wake up and have one on one side then the other on the other side, they keep me warm, hehe. Then everything is ok. Missy has to stay close to me and very protective.

My prayers are with you and send postive thoughts your-- way=and so do the girls because Twy is actually laying her head on my laptop,lllllllllllllllllllll see-Take care-Carla
  4. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I can't believe this! i think they are moles, they have a black "top", but I'm vERY scared.

I can't go through this anymore, he's got to be alright.

Please, please, let him be o.k.

Thanks for all your kind word's, thought's prayers,
    Claudia and Max
  5. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

What a great dog!!! He looks like such a sweetie!

I'll say another prayer that the cancer will stay away forever!!

I have two boy dogs and I just love them to death!! Don't know what I would do without them! They keep me company when everyone else is gone all day.

6. victoria

victoria New Member

I'm such a sucker for cute doggie faces... haven't met one yet that isn't, either!

But truly, he is so sweet... he is looking at you with such love!

you're both in my thoughts and prayers.

all the best,

7. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I don't know what to say to you except that somehow we get through all the worry and the pain of loving dogs. I don't know how we do but we do.

I know how hard this is, believe me, in fact I know it may not be possible but please try to take your lead from Max. Max isn't worrying about some possible future. Max is just happy to be loving you and be loved by you right now. Try not to miss right now because you're so frightened about the future.

I know how you feel, I really do. But, Max is smarter than you or than I would be. Max is in the moment where everything is just fine. I do hope you can find a way to be in the moment with him.

Nobody can predict the future.

He's a beautiful boy!

Peace to you,

[This Message was Edited on 03/02/2008]
  8. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

I love, love your doggy and I will prayer really hard for him. You know, I am scared too, my dog Jack (pic on my bio) has a big hard lump on his neck, and one on his stomach for a while now. I haven't had it checked yet, as i assumed it was just those fatty bumps.

Do you think I should have them checked? They don't hurt him or anything so i guess i just didn't think anything of it. I know you are probably not feeling like giving advice right now but if you don't mind, can you tell me what the bumps are like.

Again, I am sorry for you and i will keep you in my prayers.

9. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

both from you and your fur babies.:)

I'm trying to live in the moment and enjoy it, it's just so darn hard sometimes, when it's seem's to never end with the stressful stuff.

i know I need to handle it better, so I'm not wasting time worrying, it's just hard.

Someone mentioned their dog had lumps, they probably are fatty tumors, but I would have them looked at to make sure, you never know, trust me.

I'm going back to bed to lie down w/max now.

thanks again, I'm believing for the best, trying not to panic, even though my stomach is turning, and probably will until I go back to the vet when the stitches come out and have them take a look.

god bless,
    C. and max.
  10. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

It sounds like you're doing the best anyone could in the situation and that you understand how to make this as manageable as it can possibly be. That's important for both of you.

You're being very brave.

Thinking about you,
  11. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I read your post, i would love to know what you like to talk about that you can't here. Any way to give me a hint?:)

Religion might be one, I like to dicuss that too. I'm a christian, but have a few different ideas than some mainstream, my husband get;s a lot of flack being an ordained baptist minister w/ am mental condition, that he doesn't treat conventionally.

Anyway that's my hint, that's o.k. if you don't want to give a hint.this could be a fun game.:)

thanks for your response's, I do take them to heart and I'm trying to put them into practice. I've alway's been a high stress person, probably from my past, that's another story, it's in one of my post's forgot which one, either my dog or finances. it might have been to your post.:)

12. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

You don't need a hint! :~) I'm sure we could have some great conversations with mutual respect and acceptance.

I know you're trying your hardest to stay mindful in this situation.

When I share that I believe it's the wisest way to go that doesn't mean I could do it perfectly, myself. I'd keep trying but it would be a bumpy ride.

Isn't life interesting. Sometimes we learn big lessons in calmness from Pitbulls! Bless 'em!

Keep going in peace,
  13. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hi Claudia,

I had read your e-mail sometime ago about Max and his up coming surgery. So when I saw this post I had to read it.

Hoping that all will be OK for him and that thoseother lumps are nothing t worry about. When is Max supposed to have his surgery. I know you love him very much. You and he will be on my prayer list today.

Hugs and blessings,

14. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Rafiki-yeah, non of us are perfect..yet!:) I heard the Dahli Lama, say he feel's embarrassed when he get's angry-everyone laughed, it made them feel better,even he get's mad. Jesus got angry, i think emotions are alright, we need to be not to get stuck in the negative ones for too long. That's my goal.

out of all the dog's i've had all my life, and I've loved Max my pit is the most lovable dog ever. You have to be careful when petting him 1: he may fall over, as he leans on you.
    2: he may crawl up in your lap.
    3; or you may get a big kiss!

They are wonderful dog's, have been abused to do what the owner, and that's all I can say, i hate to even call them that, have made them do, through horrible abuse.

anyway, I won't get into that, if you watch rachel ray she talks about it from time to time, because of her izzy Boo.:)

granni- thank you for checking back w/us. thank you for the prayers. I will pray for you as well, if you have something specific, let me know.
  15. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Keep us updated on dear Max and also how you are doing. Yes, I will let you know if I need some prayers sent my way.

God bless you dear and Maxie too, Have you ever called him Maxie ??

What did the doc have to say about his other bumps, anything ? Glad he is looking good and has his stitches out.

[This Message was Edited on 03/05/2008]
  16. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Was thinking today about you and Max and learning about gentleness from a Pit and how cool that was.

Holding good thoughts for you and the big guy... and by the big guy I mean Max not HH Dalai Lama:~)

Peace out,
  17. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Thanks for your thought's and prayer"s, the other bumps were moles.:) One the said looked 'suspusious" bought it turned out to be alright.:) Praise God ( not the DL:)I like the DL, but for ME I still give Jesus the credit.:)

Yes everyone w/pit's I know love them, just like any other dog and theirs are just like any other dog, loveable, and spoiled. Thry use to be the number 1 dog in America. Pete was a good example, The Little Rascals, I have really old family pictures and found a pit in one. They worked on the farm helping w/cattle, but needed to be good loyal family dog's as well.

Unforunately man used their powerful muscle and jaws and since of extreme loyalty to the owner and abused these dog's to to do fighting.

Man so many times takes God's creation and abuses it, I think that's one of man's greatest sin's. Anyway, it break's my heart, these can be lovely dog's just like any other.

I do feel awful for what has happened to people from ALL dog attacks and other's do, it's just not published. It's kind of a breed prejudice I believe.

if you saw rachael ray, she had on the lady who is finding homes for Michael Vick's dog's and they were all so loving and so loved by the foster families. These dog's were just doing what their "owner's" were MAKING them do.

I'll get off my soapbox now.:) I say treat each person and animal with love and respect and you'll get that back.

Thanks both of you for your kind word's and encouragment, I hope to continue to get good new's and trust in God and stay in peace. We'll see but that's my goal. maybe you can help me stay accountable?.:)

18. victoria

victoria New Member

So glad to hear they were jus moles!!! Hope Max continues to do well!

19. frosty77

frosty77 New Member

I'm not religious, but I'll send positive thoughts your way. Hope Max continues his good health - he's a beauty!
  20. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I'll take good thought's as well as prayer's.:)Thanks.

I just hope and pray there will be no more. i'm on pin's and needles all the time, between my condition and worrying about max, I'm in a big flare, I really could use some good,long lasting good new's.;)

i pray the same for you as well,