Dogbite week is a killer

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by findmind, Mar 25, 2006.

1. findmind

findmind New Member

What a week! After SO got bitten by nabor's dog, we are both almost dead. I had annual pelvic yesterday, gone 3 hrs...when got home, totally collapsed.

The stress of this week has set me back more than anything in years. My sweetie is healing really well, but helping her soak the arm, apply abx, rewrap in gauze and then stretchy self-adhesive gause 3x a day has stretched us to the bed-point.

No one could look at us today and say, "But you don't look sick!" If they did, I'd proably deck 'em LOL

Friend sent this today:

Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow a mystery
    Today is a gift
    Thats why it's called the present!

Cool, huh?

Again, you all have held me together this week...

Guess you are my glue

Love,
    findmind

p.s. I edited this to change title[This Message was Edited on 03/26/2006]
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

lIKE 4.00AM sO JUST BEFORE i get back to bed I am sorry your week was so stressful AND just sending big hugs.

Love Anne C
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

your partner is healing ok. Glad to hear it.
  4. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

so sorry its been a hard week, heard any thing back legal wise yet?

glad your partners healing up ok take care of yourselves and take it easy.
  5. findmind

findmind New Member

I have about 5 min. in me...am so so very tired, answ'd some posts, then finally found mine (brain gone)...

Crom (Anne), Wamps (Wendy), Rockgor and Smiffy, you were too kind to respond, thank you for the hugs and shout-outs!

the nabors are beginning to fix their fence...we aren't taking any legal action unless they get their pet back and the fence is still breachable by this strong but neglected dog.

Can't stay, have to lie down, so sleepy...STRESS!

Love y'all
    findmind
  6. kch64

kch64 New Member

Hope your SO is feeling better. That must've hurt like crazy.

Kendra
  7. lilchisler

lilchisler New Member

Hi there,
    I meant to post welcome earlier in the week, then did not have a chance to get back on line...so first of all, welcome to you and your sweetie.

I was so sorry to hear, first of all that both of you are dealing with this dang illness...the good thing is that you do understand what the other is going through, so that does give you extra love and support, but it also puts a lot of pressure on each of you and a huge lack of selflessness...to be kind and understanding when you both might be going through a major rough flare at the same time.

I felt so bad to hear about the dog bite.
    I have a huge Rottweiller and Lab Mix...about 120 pounds of "big baby" and it is because of the way that I raised her. I never let her play and growl rough, had her around children a lot and kept her active with other dogs and people. ...because I never wanted to see her hurt some innocent person walking by...like what happened to your SO. I was bitten badly when I was younger and 3 or 4 days after the bite was when the pain right down to the bone was really felt. I don't think I have ever felt that kind of pain before. I am so sorry!!

Now I read the awful week that you both have had. I am sure it is due to the added stress of this situation that has thrown you into flares.

Prayers go up for you and yours for quick healing and rest and recovery so you can get back to some form of "normal " life...

Not that any of us have much normalcy with this sickness, but you know what I mean.
    Wishing you the best ..."lilchisler"...mitzi
  8. sues1

sues1 New Member

littlebrownwren
    Her story is so funny! Just what we need right now.

Many blessings to you and yours.......so sorry you have to go through this..........
  9. findmind

findmind New Member

I'm always surprised and comforted by the support from all of you.

Thank you for being my friends.

littlebrownwren, that was hysterical! I could picture it so clearly the way you explained it...thanks, I needed that laugh, besides endorphins, laughter always give me energy for some reason! give Yo a big hug from me, sounds adorable.

Sue1, thanks for prayers and blessing, all is needed and appreciated.

lilchisler, your welcome is so welcome! Thank you. I think you're right, the stress has caused a flare that I haven't experienced in years. I though my Fm had gone into remission, and I had very little FM pain, but lots of neck and lower back pain.

My dear one is so strong...even tho in bandages and taking abx and constant acetominophen (sp?), she's walked the dogs today, vacuumed, and even fixed something on lawnmower and mowed almost half of our 4 separate lawns! Shes very strong willed, and even tho is sleeping 12 hrs a day, is busy most of the time she's awake except for basketball games. Tires me out just watching her.

Will say good nite....its 4 am, and meds are looping me out...

Many hugs to you all
    love, findmind