Doing Better in the Woods -- Cell Food Notes

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Waynesrhythm, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

Hi All,

I’ve been staying at my brother’s in the woods in N. Arkansas for the past six weeks (haven't been on this board much during this time). It's quite remote here and very quiet. Ever so gradually, I’ve noticed various improvements since being in this environment.

Notably, I’m sleeping better. I normally sleep 6-7 hours at night, waking up every hour or two with no sense of having gotten much deep sleep. I’m now averaging closer to 8-9 hours/night, with a much better sense of having gotten deeper refreshing sleep. I’ve also noticed my cognitive abilities have improved, and am able to focus and concentrate better doing various tasks. (Better sleep probably helped in this department).

It seems my neurological and energetic systems are getting a much needed reprieve from some of the harshness of the outside world. Much of this harshness is just the common noises common to daily living in this country. I think being able to limit my exposure to electromagnetic frequencies also helps. Probably more “chi” is available from all the plant and animal life as well.

I’m hoping my somewhat improved cognitive abilities will help me understand a new book I’m getting started on entitled “Beating Lyme Disease”, by David Jernigan. I tested positive this past fall for several Lyme bacteria, and am interested in his multi-faceted approach to rebuilding the immune system. He avoids using antibiotics, which I’m hoping to avoid if at all possible.

I’m feeling more optimistic about my health endeavors now that I will be getting a better focus on this Lyme thing. I know that Lyme tests can be unreliable, but with my history of tick bites and the clinical picture I present, it seems likely I do have it. Even if I don’t, I would have to believe I’m likely dealing with other infections that could also be helped with improved immune system function.

One final note: I started on an oxygen supplement this past summer called Cellfood, by Lumina Health Products. I liked this product right away, but have just recently started taking more of it; increased from 3 drops/day up to 5/day. (Recommended dosage is 8 drops/3x/day.) I’ve discovered the more I take, the better I feel. After having read some literature on it recently, I feel like it might be an important product in helping rebuild my immune system.

Best to All :)

Wayne[This Message was Edited on 12/03/2008]
  2. spacee

spacee Member

You always have good ideas to give us something to think about.

I live in a rural area and love it. Yet, I have been doing rather poorly for the last number of months. I have tested rather high in autoimmune dept. However, today, I didn't go to church and had the best day I have had in so long. I do think the service is too loud and too long for me. I enjoyed so much the people but I really enjoy feeling will give it up for the most part.

I agree that my neurological system doesn't like much strain.

Take care,

Waynesrhythm likes this.
  3. slowdreamer

slowdreamer New Member

Well that's what we say here when we run away from civilization
    Good to hear of your improvement Wayne..Communing with the gentle rhythm of nature is one of my favorite therapies.

Interesting to hear about the O2 .Might look into that...
    Enjoy the woods and improved sleep
    Waynesrhythm likes this.
  4. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

Hi Spacee,

Good for you that you are able to live in a rural environment that you enjoy. My brother has a less severe of CFS than I do, and we both speculate that he has benefitted a lot from spending so may years living in a low-impact (low-stimulus) environment. -- Too bad about your ability to so easily feel overwhelmed just going to church. I've had to cut back on almost all social occasions as well. I miss doing my spiritual group get togethers most of all.

Hi Slowdreamer,

Always good to hear from you. Was wondering, does the bush country in Australia include just about the whole continent minus the coasts? That would certainly be a big chunk of wildnerness to get away to. Has a certain appeal to it; seems like there could be a sense of the mystique connected to the Australian outback. Makes me think of the Aboriginies and their connection to the land. Makes me wonder if all people could improve their health if we could learn to reconnect to the land in a way native peoples did in centuries past.

Hi Rainbow,

Even though I've been doing better living in the woods, whenever I've gone to town, it has usually set me back big time. However, I went to town today and held up much better than usual. I attritube this primarily to the Cell Food. Thanks so much for posting about your own experiences on on Karen's thread. I have a good feeling about what this Cell Food is doing for me and where it may take me.

Best, Wayne
  5. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi Wayne!

I've also heard people who have mold poisoning feel better in the woods. 545 noticed this, among others. There's something about trees and what they produce.

I hope you keep improving!

Unfortunately a lot of church buildings and stores have toxic mold in them. :(
    If you're already suffering from Lyme disease and the neurotoxins it produces, the last thing your body probably needs is a dose of mold toxins.

I'm hoping to find a place in the woods some day.

[This Message was Edited on 12/03/2008]
    Waynesrhythm likes this.
  6. Wolverine

Wolverine Member

Indeed.. any time I have gotten into the 'outback' environment, I notice a sense of calm, peace of mind etc. It probably really stimulates alpha waves being in the woods/bush/forest, nature in general. The peace of nature definitely seems what should be 'native' for our minds to function optimally in.

I unfortunately live in one of the most popular city areas in Melbourne here in Aus (2nd biggest to sydney), and there is ALOT of traffic and general commotion outside our place all the time! It definitely is overwhelming for me especially at the moment. I often love the city and excitement, but not since i got really low in body/mind, its just overwhelming all the time. Would love to be in a remote area for a while, in a cabin or something.

That's interesting that you're on Cellfood! I just ordered it myself after reading Rainbows experiences on here then looking up more about it. I read that not everyone feels something from it.. but the science behind it seems sound, so I thought might as well give it a go. It seems like something that would be low reactant too as the elements in it are all in low doses of course. Hoping it kind of wakes the body up a bit.

Also wanted to ask how your alpha stim is going? I just got one.. see my new thread about it.

Waynesrhythm likes this.
  7. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

I think enviroment has a lot to do with it. I use to live in Eureka Springs, AR in the Ozark Mountains and I felt more alive there. Now that I am in WA state even though in the country, I am not really satisfied with the enviroment here.

You may consider staying in that area.
    Waynesrhythm likes this.
  8. slowdreamer

slowdreamer New Member

Actually Australia is sadly more urbanised than most but a few people battle their lives away in the bush..I once worked on a station and we travelled 200 k every 6 weeks to,buy "fresh " food. I was the governess for the chn who knew every detail about the birds and animals but who had never seen the sea.

Bush people are different and Ienjoyed my time with them.
    Re your nature ideas..I think God originally put us in a garden and if possible it is good to go back to that when we are unwell.

i like weeding and playing gently with the soil..My aun t says it takes the electricity out of your body i.e. you are "earthing" Yourself.

Also read a reputable research article that said there are bacteria in the soil which directly stimulate the serotonin receptors in the brain and also stimulate the immune system.

I wonder if there is B12 in the mix because I believe this vitamin is some kind of fungi.

That's all from me tonight.
    Sweet dreams Wayne

Anyway I feel better when I mess about with the soil .
  9. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

Hi Jam,

I purchased a micro-structured water unit several years ago and have been happy with the water quality I’ve gotten from it. It breaks down clusters of water and thus hydrates the body far better than normal water. It has a carbon filter which removes chlorine and other contaminants as well. It’s pricy ($500-$1000), but at least I don’t have regular charges for water delivery.

I know what you mean by “one more supplement” (re: the Cell Food). I’ve felt the same, but I’ve found as I do find good ones, I can let go of others that don’t have the same bang for the buck. It’s a process that never seems to end. Good to hear from you.

Hi Forbearance,

Thanks for your words about mold, and the importance of avoiding it. It is something that is on my mind a lot as I contemplate going back to Oregon where I believe the house we’re living in is contaminated. If I go downhill quickly after returning, I may have to move out into my little 15' camper. Oh what we have to do sometimes to survive in this world. I’m looking forward to looking over some of your posts on your own experiences with mold. I anticipate they will be quite helpful; thanks for all the insight and tips you’ve provided.

Hi Rainbow,

I ran into a rather impressive testimonial online about a woman with FM who also got great benefit from Cell Food. So your friend’s improvement was not an isolated case. I’m looking forward to increasing my dosages, but will do so incrementally so as not to create detoxification episodes. (I don’t like them) :)

Hi Chris,

It would seem to me that being able to get out of the big city atmosphere you describe could only be good for our adrenal issues. Perhaps if you start looking for that cabin, it will show up when you least expect it. Life seems to have a way of providing when we take some first improbable steps.

Good luck on the Cell Food. The science behind it is quite interesting. It was apparently created over 50 years ago by a scientist who needed to find a way to remove radiation from his and fellow scientists’ bodies. Apparently Cell Food was able to do that, besides providing numerous other benefits. – I’ll try to get back to you on some of your adrenal posts when I can.

Hi Msbsgblue,

Have you ever thought about going back to Arkansas? I think every area or region of the world has its own unique energetic characteristics. If we can find a place that helps supports us with our difficult health issues, it is certainly something to consider. I like Arkansas, but I believe this is where I originally picked up my Lyme infections back in 1978, so I now restrict myself to the cooler months.

Hi Slowdreamer,

It sounds like you’ve had some really interesting experiences. Thanks for sharing them. Some of the things you mention, like beneficial bacteria in the soil and “earthing” ourselves reminds me of some of the things that Michelle Wright has written about. She has a company called Perelandra which creates various flower essences to help bring nature into our homes, even if we’re not able to live in nature. I’ve found them to be helpful, but suspect I won’t get their full benefits until I can make some significant headway on my chronic Lyme infections.

She really puts a lot of emphasis on the imortantance of the human electrical system. It is an area that I also feel is very important for our wellness. I would guess that being in nature and “messing with the soil” :) could only be good for us.

Hi All,

Sadly, today or tomorrow is the day I leave the woods to tend to some family matters up in Wisconsin. I’m not sure what this will mean for me. I’m hoping my time here has built up a little resilience for myself, but it may have made me more sensitive to some of the outer world harshness. Will just have to see. Even when things are difficult when I travel, it is still a time when I feel I’m able to rise above some of my limitations, and I am thankful for that. Thanks to you all for your replies.

Best, Wayne[This Message was Edited on 12/05/2008]
  10. jole

jole Member

Even though you're going to be gone, perhaps you'll see this when you return.

I'm now going to an alternative doc who very much believes in O2 therapy. So far I've had a few IV treatments of hydrogen peroxide, vit. D and DSMO, followed by a shot of B complex. The hydrogen peroxide causes oxygen to generate in the blood stream, and I can certainly tell a difference after each treatment.

However, I have a terrible herx effect from the treatment and he suspects my FM is actually Lyme Disease. Once the herx ends, I have more energy, clearer headed, and am actually warm instead of freezing cold all the time. Even my kids comment on how much better I seem after treatments.

The only problem is they are rather expensive ($125/treatment) so I only get them when something important is coming up (wedding, holiday, etc.). I am definitely going to try the Cell Food. It sounds like it might be a cheaper alternative and very helpful for me.

I live in the country, and cannot tolerate going into town....the overstimulation of crowds does me in. Cannot do church, stores, etc. any more and do feel very isolated at times, although at peace in the country with God's nature. I really don't miss what I don't have anymore.

The best of luck to you and everyone on this site***Jole***
    Waynesrhythm likes this.
  11. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Good luck when you get back to your home in Oregon, Wayne!

All the best to you too, Jole.

I'm looking at my future, and it looks a lot like the lifestyle you're living.

Waynesrhythm likes this.