doing good so thought I would share what is working

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by coastie406, Sep 6, 2010.

1. coastie406

coastie406 New Member

Hi everyone. Every time that I have posted here has always been because I was having a new symptom and needed some information. I think that we have finally found the right drug combo that is at least letting me have some what a normal life. I am taking 150 m of Lyrica, 100 m of Tramadol and 4 ibuprofen in the morning, 50 m of tramadol and 4 ibuprofen early afternoon, and then at bedtime I take 150 m of lyrica, 150 m of trazadone, 75 m of cymbalta, .625 of pramerin (I have had a hystertomy but thought this might be helping in the mix) 2000 m of Vit. D, and calcium + Vit D.

I am not saying that I don't have any pain but it is something that I think I can live with. I have gone back to work and am doing pretty good. I don't know if this combo will work for anyone else but it has taken me 5 years to get to where I am. Yes I know that I am putting a lot of drugs into my system but right now I am able to participate in my family's life and that makes it worth it to me.
  2. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Good to hear that you found the combinations of medications that work for you.

Why does your doctor have you on Tramadol and Ibuprofen? Do you have problems with inflammation?

My doctor only wants me to take Ibuprofen occasionally as it can hurt the liver. Your doctor may have another reason for the two and go by what he/she says. I sometimes wonder if I have inflammation issues. I don't think Tramadol does this but will look it up as now you have me curious.

Tramadol has been a lifesaver for me.

Here's to continued progress.