Doing the Happy Dance

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by peachy2a-tea, Apr 26, 2003.

1. peachy2a-tea

peachy2a-tea New Member

I got my approval letter in the mail for my SSI!!!for disability. So I am doing the Happy Dance. Funny, the actual word fibromyalgia doesn't show up in the letter even though my basic symptoms are implied. But migraines, depression, anxiety and allergic rhinitis does. Who would have guessed?

Oh! I forgot to mention it goes back to August 15, 2001. Yes!
    Happy Dance, Happy Dance, Happy Dance
    [This Message was Edited on 04/26/2003]
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Happy to hear your good news! Its great when someone gets something done with this illness.

Take care................

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Kay2

Kay2 New Member

I go to court on May 6th. Nervous as all heck!!! Am glad for you.:)))
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm sooooo happy for you.

Love, Mikie
  5. Betsy2

Betsy2 New Member

I am glad to hear you finally got your SSD award =)
  6. layinglow

layinglow New Member

Happy for you !

Isn't it funny how other conditions usually take precedence in these cases. Yet in our minds the fibromyalgia is the greatest precedent. I was reading tips on disability, and it said be sure if you have any other conditions to include them. Guess for good reason, huh?

Congrats!
    LL
  7. ForeverFlaring

ForeverFlaring New Member

It is nice to know there is hope!
  8. Dara

Dara New Member

I'm really happy to hear your good news. I'm still waiting to see when I'll be seeing the ALJ. Did you go that far with yours or were you accepted before that step? For heavens sakes, don't let them know you're doing the Happy Dance, they'll take it away from you LOL.

Dara
  9. sofy

sofy New Member

I do think the best way is to list symptoms individually. I never used the word fibro or chronic fatigue and I got it first time.
  10. OuchyMama

OuchyMama New Member

I am happy for you, I got mine this week too SS must be having be nice to the fibros day lol. HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY
  11. achaver

achaver New Member

If SSA knew you were dancing they would have denied you. They suck! Feel like dancing too as your happiness is contagious LOL

For some unknown reason,our physical pain usually isn't enough to qualify.I was turned down and told by my attorney to see a psychiatrist.THEN finally received SSI..

I'm really happy for you.
  12. peachy

peachy New Member

For any that want to know, start seeing a shrink or therapist as soon as possible if you arent already seeing one. I think that helped my case the most. After my first denial I used an attorney. I felt like it was worth whatever percentage they get from the back pay (if I won) to save what little of my sanity is left. Mine helped to keep me on track and I didn't have to collect all the medical stuff myself.

I forgot to mention, I will also be eligible for Medicare in August too; as my disabilty will have been two years.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/28/2003]
  13. MemoryLane

MemoryLane Member

I am very glad for you - What state do you live in? I may need to move there.

Lane
  14. Mo22

Mo22 New Member

Glad to hear you were approved for SSI! That is something to dance about!
  15. Takesha

Takesha New Member

I am so glad for you! I am only two months in the process of applying for mine! That must be a great weight off your shoulders. I hope you do a happy dance from here on out.
    Takesha
  16. allhart

allhart New Member

thats three of us in one weeks time!!
    prise the lord !
    congrates im so happy for you!