Dole lettuce alert!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Prunella, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Prunella

Prunella New Member

In the paper today...

The FDA is warning people not to eat certain pre-packaged salads that have been connected to an outbreak of at least 11 E.coli infections in Minnesota.

The article goes on to state that these salads have been distributed nationwide. They should not be in stores anymore, but people might have them at home.

The affected Dole products are: Classice Romaine, with a "best if used by " date of Sept.23,2005, and a production code begining with B250.

Also, American Blend, same dates, etc.

Greener Selection, Sept., 22, B250.
  2. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

Ron just so happened to bring a Classic Romaine home. The due date is Oct. 9, tried to eat some today, but smelled horrible and was starting to turn already. I wasn't impressed w/ the Dole brand, I usually buy another that is fresher by a smaller company that takes more care w/ their product.

Jeanne
  3. JimB

JimB New Member

I have Dole's Hearts of Romaine dated Sept 22.
    It's going straight to the trash.
    Taking no chance.

My cousin in Texas got E coli from meat.
    As a result he has been very disabled for years
    and suffers terribly.
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

are washed in lots of chlorine and packaged with a gas that is carcinogenic in order to preserve the freshness - thats the message for the ones in the UK anyway. Probably the same process is used in the states.

So better to buy your own lettuce etc and prepare fresh salad. Not so convenient but so much more healthier.

love
    Rosie